Whale Bay is a collaboration between Alvarado Street Brewery and Burgeon Beer Co. pours an extremely clear deep gold color. We don’t think an IPA can get any clearer than this. 1½ fingers of white, bubbly head. We get a few ascending carbonation bubbles. Aroma is hoppy and a bit dank, with an unmistakable New Zealand hop nose. Taste has more of those New Zealand hops up front, with white grape, green apple, melon, and berry. Pure West Coast style, with a nice bitterness. Mouthfeel is crisp and clean. Finish is very long with some grapefruit bitterness. A delicious collaboration from two fantastic California breweries.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Just Outstanding IPA. 10 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Amalgamator. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Critical Band. 2 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Hop 2 It (Idaho Gem). 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for The Pathfinder. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Pollen Nation Honey Blonde Ale. 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Muis (with Galaxy Hops). 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Whale Bay. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity