Westmalle Dubbel Trappist Ale
The Dubbel from Westmalle is more fruit forward and tart than your standard Belgian Dubbel. It pours a dark red, raisin-like color with a substantial amount of light tan head. It is well carbonated with a smooth mouthfeel. The flavor mixes dark fruits like plum and fig with a Belgian yeast breadiness. The aftertaste has a pleasant green apple tartness. Westmalle has veered from the traditional formula with surprising and outstanding results.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Asahi. 30 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Bliss Double IPA. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Worthy Adversary. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Black Sand Imperial IPA. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Cerise de Michigan. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Downtown Brown. 5 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Relay IPA. 6 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Vicinity. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity