Westmalle Dubbel Trappist Ale
The Dubbel from Westmalle is more fruit forward and tart than your standard Belgian Dubbel. It pours a dark red, raisin-like color with a substantial amount of light tan head. It is well carbonated with a smooth mouthfeel. The flavor mixes dark fruits like plum and fig with a Belgian yeast breadiness. The aftertaste has a pleasant green apple tartness. Westmalle has veered from the traditional formula with surprising and outstanding results.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Spock It. 3 minutes ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Isle Of MaGourdo. 59 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Kitty Kat Blues. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Icelandic Wee Heavy. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller added a rating for West Coast Red. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Hammerland DIPA. 2 hours ago
- lposada listened to LA LA Land. 3 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Voodoo Doughnut Mango Astronaut Ale. 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity