Victory at Sea
Whoa. Victory at Sea will put some hair on your chest. It's a big beer with a big flavor profile, and ain't for the faint-hearted! It pours dark, dark brown with a significant coarse brown head. It barely lets a sliver of light through which gives it a tiny ruby jewel on a bright day. The aroma punches your nostrils with acidity, coffee and alcohol. The flavor follows with a very coffee/bitter forward that isn't quite balanced out by the hint of vanilla. At 60 IBU, it's packing more bitterness than most porters. It lays medium bodied on your tongue although there's a syrupy quality that makes it linger with the slight burn of alcohol and a dry finish. It seems more stoutish than porterish, but either way it's not a beer to be trifled with.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Hoppiness Is A Warm Pun. 47 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Gyroscope. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for 75 Minute IPA. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Create-A-Potato. 3 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for HOPSMACK!. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Stone Enjoy After 07.04.16. 5 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Le Merle. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Gummy Worms. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity