Victory at Sea
Whoa. Victory at Sea will put some hair on your chest. It's a big beer with a big flavor profile, and ain't for the faint-hearted! It pours dark, dark brown with a significant coarse brown head. It barely lets a sliver of light through which gives it a tiny ruby jewel on a bright day. The aroma punches your nostrils with acidity, coffee and alcohol. The flavor follows with a very coffee/bitter forward that isn't quite balanced out by the hint of vanilla. At 60 IBU, it's packing more bitterness than most porters. It lays medium bodied on your tongue although there's a syrupy quality that makes it linger with the slight burn of alcohol and a dry finish. It seems more stoutish than porterish, but either way it's not a beer to be trifled with.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Backroad Vanilla Porter. 59 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to It's a Trappist!. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Trip in the Woods: Gin-Barrel-Aged Tripel. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to New England Part 2: Vermont IPAs. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for The Devil's Invention. 5 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Olympia Beer. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to From the Archives Part 1. 6 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Levadura. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Stout at the Devil