Victory at Sea
Whoa. Victory at Sea will put some hair on your chest. It's a big beer with a big flavor profile, and ain't for the faint-hearted! It pours dark, dark brown with a significant coarse brown head. It barely lets a sliver of light through which gives it a tiny ruby jewel on a bright day. The aroma punches your nostrils with acidity, coffee and alcohol. The flavor follows with a very coffee/bitter forward that isn't quite balanced out by the hint of vanilla. At 60 IBU, it's packing more bitterness than most porters. It lays medium bodied on your tongue although there's a syrupy quality that makes it linger with the slight burn of alcohol and a dry finish. It seems more stoutish than porterish, but either way it's not a beer to be trifled with.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Belt & Suspenders. 18 minutes ago
- IPAman added a rating for Mikkeller Beer Geek Cocoa Shake. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Ten Fidy. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 3 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Squatters Juicy IPA. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for 5 Lb Sledge Hammer. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Strawberry Milkshake IPA. 6 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Bee Line. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity