Victory at Sea
Whoa. Victory at Sea will put some hair on your chest. It's a big beer with a big flavor profile, and ain't for the faint-hearted! It pours dark, dark brown with a significant coarse brown head. It barely lets a sliver of light through which gives it a tiny ruby jewel on a bright day. The aroma punches your nostrils with acidity, coffee and alcohol. The flavor follows with a very coffee/bitter forward that isn't quite balanced out by the hint of vanilla. At 60 IBU, it's packing more bitterness than most porters. It lays medium bodied on your tongue although there's a syrupy quality that makes it linger with the slight burn of alcohol and a dry finish. It seems more stoutish than porterish, but either way it's not a beer to be trifled with.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Mind Haze IPA. 54 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Tre Fontane Tripel Trappist Ale. 1 hour ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Flocculative Tendencies. 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 and 1 other listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to Thanksgiving Leftovers. 5 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Erdinger Oktoberfest. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Oak Aged Highland Ale. 6 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Murk Man IPA. 9 hours ago
- More Latest Activity