Victory at Sea
Whoa. Victory at Sea will put some hair on your chest. It's a big beer with a big flavor profile, and ain't for the faint-hearted! It pours dark, dark brown with a significant coarse brown head. It barely lets a sliver of light through which gives it a tiny ruby jewel on a bright day. The aroma punches your nostrils with acidity, coffee and alcohol. The flavor follows with a very coffee/bitter forward that isn't quite balanced out by the hint of vanilla. At 60 IBU, it's packing more bitterness than most porters. It lays medium bodied on your tongue although there's a syrupy quality that makes it linger with the slight burn of alcohol and a dry finish. It seems more stoutish than porterish, but either way it's not a beer to be trifled with.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Thousands of Money. 26 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Mountain Standard Double Black IPA (Barrel Aged). 46 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Big Juicy IPA. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Tap It IPA. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Dark Star Black Kölsch. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Japanese Green Tea IPA. 4 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Not Your BRO, DAWG. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Whirlpool. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity