Victory at Sea
Whoa. Victory at Sea will put some hair on your chest. It's a big beer with a big flavor profile, and ain't for the faint-hearted! It pours dark, dark brown with a significant coarse brown head. It barely lets a sliver of light through which gives it a tiny ruby jewel on a bright day. The aroma punches your nostrils with acidity, coffee and alcohol. The flavor follows with a very coffee/bitter forward that isn't quite balanced out by the hint of vanilla. At 60 IBU, it's packing more bitterness than most porters. It lays medium bodied on your tongue although there's a syrupy quality that makes it linger with the slight burn of alcohol and a dry finish. It seems more stoutish than porterish, but either way it's not a beer to be trifled with.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris added a rating for Petite Sour Reserva Cassis. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for State of Haze. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Intensely Juicy Dank Beautiful (Copy & Paste). 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to IPAs East and West. 4 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for PranQster. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 and 1 other listened to Get Back to Wort!. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Wynona's Big Brown Ale. 6 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Three Philosophers (2013). 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity