Victory at Sea
Whoa. Victory at Sea will put some hair on your chest. It's a big beer with a big flavor profile, and ain't for the faint-hearted! It pours dark, dark brown with a significant coarse brown head. It barely lets a sliver of light through which gives it a tiny ruby jewel on a bright day. The aroma punches your nostrils with acidity, coffee and alcohol. The flavor follows with a very coffee/bitter forward that isn't quite balanced out by the hint of vanilla. At 60 IBU, it's packing more bitterness than most porters. It lays medium bodied on your tongue although there's a syrupy quality that makes it linger with the slight burn of alcohol and a dry finish. It seems more stoutish than porterish, but either way it's not a beer to be trifled with.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 and 1 other added a rating for Panther. 26 minutes ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Pyramid Hefeweizen. 1 hour ago
- beerdrinker24 and 1 other listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer and 1 other listened to Beer Across the U.S.A.. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Three Philosophers (2015). 4 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for LagerHosen. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller and 1 other listened to Oktcovidtest 2020. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for El Jeffe American Wheat. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity