Victory at Sea
Whoa. Victory at Sea will put some hair on your chest. It's a big beer with a big flavor profile, and ain't for the faint-hearted! It pours dark, dark brown with a significant coarse brown head. It barely lets a sliver of light through which gives it a tiny ruby jewel on a bright day. The aroma punches your nostrils with acidity, coffee and alcohol. The flavor follows with a very coffee/bitter forward that isn't quite balanced out by the hint of vanilla. At 60 IBU, it's packing more bitterness than most porters. It lays medium bodied on your tongue although there's a syrupy quality that makes it linger with the slight burn of alcohol and a dry finish. It seems more stoutish than porterish, but either way it's not a beer to be trifled with.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Pop-Up Session IPA. 17 minutes ago
- Alexa listened to Beaver State Brews. 1 hour ago
- SuzyQ commented on beer General Sherman IPA. 1 hour ago
- SuzyQ added a rating for General Sherman IPA. 1 hour ago
- budman1 listened to 1st Anniversary Show. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Finial Double IPA. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Trappistes Rochefort 6. 4 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity