Victory at Sea
Whoa. Victory at Sea will put some hair on your chest. It's a big beer with a big flavor profile, and ain't for the faint-hearted! It pours dark, dark brown with a significant coarse brown head. It barely lets a sliver of light through which gives it a tiny ruby jewel on a bright day. The aroma punches your nostrils with acidity, coffee and alcohol. The flavor follows with a very coffee/bitter forward that isn't quite balanced out by the hint of vanilla. At 60 IBU, it's packing more bitterness than most porters. It lays medium bodied on your tongue although there's a syrupy quality that makes it linger with the slight burn of alcohol and a dry finish. It seems more stoutish than porterish, but either way it's not a beer to be trifled with.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson and 1 other listened to Fall Back Grab Bag. 6 minutes ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Beer Geek Breakfast Stout with Coffee. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Amarilla Gorilla IPA. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for PseudoSue. 3 hours ago
- plarson listened to Stouterday Night Live. 4 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 5 hours ago
- Alexa and 1 other added a rating for Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout. 6 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for American Beauty. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity