Color is dark reddish brown with one finger of khaki colored, creamy head. Big aroma of chocolate, coffee, and raspberries that smells remarkably similar to a Tootsie Roll. Taste is sweet and malty, with chocolate fudge, toffee, coffee, vanilla, and fruity, ripe raspberry flavors. There's an herbal, anise or black licorice spice that marries well with the bourbon-like sweetness. Of course this has a velvety mouthfeel, but it's also sticky and warming. At times this seems a bit boozy, but the 11.5% remains very drinkable. This dessert-like Old Ale is fruity and chocolaty, and a perfect beer to enjoy this time of year.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 43 minutes ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Mackeson Triple XXX Stout. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Some Pumpkins. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris and 1 other listened to From the Archives Part 1. 3 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Piraat Ale. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 5 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Saison Nouveau. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Consecration. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity