Color is dark reddish brown with one finger of khaki colored, creamy head. Big aroma of chocolate, coffee, and raspberries that smells remarkably similar to a Tootsie Roll. Taste is sweet and malty, with chocolate fudge, toffee, coffee, vanilla, and fruity, ripe raspberry flavors. There's an herbal, anise or black licorice spice that marries well with the bourbon-like sweetness. Of course this has a velvety mouthfeel, but it's also sticky and warming. At times this seems a bit boozy, but the 11.5% remains very drinkable. This dessert-like Old Ale is fruity and chocolaty, and a perfect beer to enjoy this time of year.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Breck IPA. 42 minutes ago
- lauralane added a rating for Decadent Imperial IPA. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Meowsa!. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for No Chill. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Saint Archer White Ale. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Noble King Hoppy Farmhouse Ale. 6 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Lupulin River. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Whirlpool. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity