Color is dark reddish brown with one finger of khaki colored, creamy head. Big aroma of chocolate, coffee, and raspberries that smells remarkably similar to a Tootsie Roll. Taste is sweet and malty, with chocolate fudge, toffee, coffee, vanilla, and fruity, ripe raspberry flavors. There’s an herbal, anise or black licorice spice that marries well with the bourbon-like sweetness. Of course this has a velvety mouthfeel, but it’s also sticky and warming. At times this seems a bit boozy, but the 11.5% remains very drinkable. This dessert-like Old Ale is fruity and chocolaty, and a perfect beer to enjoy this time of year.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane listened to White Night. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Breck IPA. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Firestone Pale 31. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Pumpkin Down. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Unplugged Imperial Stout. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Allagash House Beer. 6 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Canebrake. 8 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Deja Stout. 9 hours ago
- More Latest Activity