Vallis Aurea pours a light copper, almost amber color, clear for the style. It has a very thin but fizzy head. The aroma is quite strong with some Belgian qualities and a fair amount of alcohol burn, letting you know this is a strong beer. The flavor is exactly as advertised by the aroma with a lot of Brett noticeable on the initial sip followed by an oaky, warming booziness. This is chased by a slight honey sweetness in the aftertaste that helps prevent any kick. Ours was bottled in 2015 and it appears to have been limited in its release. So if you or your friend have a bottle stashed away somewhere, it's best to get a group together and give it a shot.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Lemon Drip. 18 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Hop Troll: Amarillo. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Adelbert's Blueberry Sour. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Lolita (2015). 4 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Le Jus. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Choklat. 6 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Zaftig Wee Heavy. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity