Unholy Trippel pours a mostly transparent gold color with a sizeable creamy white head that leaves lacing all over the glass. Aroma is surprisingly hoppy for the style. Up front the flavor has traditional Belgian yeast and fruit esters, and some malty, honey sweetness. But the hop flavor seems to really stand out, with a combination of floral, citrus, and spicy hop notes. Light bodied with a shocking 9.2% ABV. Mouthfeel is smooth and nicely carbonated. Ample bitterness appears in the finish. Not your typical Trippel, this could even be considered a Belgian IPA and it's nice to taste the experimentation coming from this brewery.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Zinfandel Sour Ale (2017 Vintage). 33 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 1 hour ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Elderberry Sour. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Treevana IPA. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Copperpop. 4 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for BORIS The Crusher Reserve. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Beer Geek Breakfast Stout with Coffee. 6 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Alpha Abstraction vol. 7. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity