Unholy Trippel pours a mostly transparent gold color with a sizeable creamy white head that leaves lacing all over the glass. Aroma is surprisingly hoppy for the style. Up front the flavor has traditional Belgian yeast and fruit esters, and some malty, honey sweetness. But the hop flavor seems to really stand out, with a combination of floral, citrus, and spicy hop notes. Light bodied with a shocking 9.2% ABV. Mouthfeel is smooth and nicely carbonated. Ample bitterness appears in the finish. Not your typical Trippel, this could even be considered a Belgian IPA and it's nice to taste the experimentation coming from this brewery.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris added a rating for Raspberry AF. 20 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Out of Bounds Strawberry Blonde. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Pollen Nation Honey Blonde Ale. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to San Diego Part 1. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Rio Blanco Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Critical Band. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Local's Stash: BBA Lawyers, Guns & Money. 6 hours ago
- bcsbernie commented on beer 50 FT Jackrabbit. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity