Unholy Trippel pours a mostly transparent gold color with a sizeable creamy white head that leaves lacing all over the glass. Aroma is surprisingly hoppy for the style. Up front the flavor has traditional Belgian yeast and fruit esters, and some malty, honey sweetness. But the hop flavor seems to really stand out, with a combination of floral, citrus, and spicy hop notes. Light bodied with a shocking 9.2% ABV. Mouthfeel is smooth and nicely carbonated. Ample bitterness appears in the finish. Not your typical Trippel, this could even be considered a Belgian IPA and it's nice to taste the experimentation coming from this brewery.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer listened to Fall Back Grab Bag. 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 listened to Some Pumpkins. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer listened to Beer Across the U.S.A.. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Limelight IPA. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Westmalle Tripel Trappist Ale. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Mana Wheat. 6 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to Pumpkin Show 2017. 7 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Love Buzz Saison. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity