Umami Monster pours a light brown or dark copper color and is eerily opaque for a beer this light in color. Does a monster lurk inside? The aroma is reserved with a slight amount of molasses and soy beans. The taste is right inline with the smell featuring flavors of soy sauce and brown sugar, with a mild mackerel fishiness and a sea weed aftertaste. A slight amount of salt, smoke and a ginger spiciness in the finish give this beer a unique, savory quality. There is no monster lurking in the deep recesses. As strange as this beer sounds, Umami Monster manages to stay completely drinkable; a Japanese restaurant in a glass.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming listened to Red, White, and Peach. 39 minutes ago
- Irishnc listened to All About the Stout. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Reuben's Brews Gose. 2 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Bitter Monk. 3 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Saison de Lis. 5 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Cherenkov Russian Imperial Stout. 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for The Pathfinder. 6 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Stellar Fawn. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity