Umami Monster pours a light brown or dark copper color and is eerily opaque for a beer this light in color. Does a monster lurk inside? The aroma is reserved with a slight amount of molasses and soy beans. The taste is right inline with the smell featuring flavors of soy sauce and brown sugar, with a mild mackerel fishiness and a sea weed aftertaste. A slight amount of salt, smoke and a ginger spiciness in the finish give this beer a unique, savory quality. There is no monster lurking in the deep recesses. As strange as this beer sounds, Umami Monster manages to stay completely drinkable; a Japanese restaurant in a glass.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for The Patsy. 29 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Pilsner Urquell. 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Islander IPA. 2 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Mastodon. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Into the Woods. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Stone Ruination 2.0. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Alligator. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity