Umami Monster pours a light brown or dark copper color and is eerily opaque for a beer this light in color. Does a monster lurk inside? The aroma is reserved with a slight amount of molasses and soy beans. The taste is right inline with the smell featuring flavors of soy sauce and brown sugar, with a mild mackerel fishiness and a sea weed aftertaste. A slight amount of salt, smoke and a ginger spiciness in the finish give this beer a unique, savory quality. There is no monster lurking in the deep recesses. As strange as this beer sounds, Umami Monster manages to stay completely drinkable; a Japanese restaurant in a glass.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Mirror Universe. 21 minutes ago
- IPAman added a rating for Lines Double IPA. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for The Life Hopquatic. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Big Daddy IPA. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Bozo Beer. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Icelandic Wee Heavy. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for 35 Miles NE. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity