Umami Monster pours a light brown or dark copper color and is eerily opaque for a beer this light in color. Does a monster lurk inside? The aroma is reserved with a slight amount of molasses and soy beans. The taste is right inline with the smell featuring flavors of soy sauce and brown sugar, with a mild mackerel fishiness and a sea weed aftertaste. A slight amount of salt, smoke and a ginger spiciness in the finish give this beer a unique, savory quality. There is no monster lurking in the deep recesses. As strange as this beer sounds, Umami Monster manages to stay completely drinkable; a Japanese restaurant in a glass.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Bitter Valentine. 14 minutes ago
- lauralane added a rating for Hop Swingers. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Pelican. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for PsycHOPathy IPA. 3 hours ago
- RexMundi commented on beer Allagash Curieux. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Another One. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Redemption. 4 hours ago
- lposada listened to Newport Beach and SoCal Beers. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity