Umami Monster pours a light brown or dark copper color and is eerily opaque for a beer this light in color. Does a monster lurk inside? The aroma is reserved with a slight amount of molasses and soy beans. The taste is right inline with the smell featuring flavors of soy sauce and brown sugar, with a mild mackerel fishiness and a sea weed aftertaste. A slight amount of salt, smoke and a ginger spiciness in the finish give this beer a unique, savory quality. There is no monster lurking in the deep recesses. As strange as this beer sounds, Umami Monster manages to stay completely drinkable; a Japanese restaurant in a glass.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Rogue Cold Brew IPA. 1 minute ago
- Alexa added a rating for Le Merle. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Bitter Monk. 2 hours ago
- CoachBrobb890 added a rating for PseudoSue Galaxy Dry Hopped. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Devil Dancer. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Hop Kitchen - Bretta IPA. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Gregorius Trappist Ale. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity