Umami Monster pours a light brown or dark copper color and is eerily opaque for a beer this light in color. Does a monster lurk inside? The aroma is reserved with a slight amount of molasses and soy beans. The taste is right inline with the smell featuring flavors of soy sauce and brown sugar, with a mild mackerel fishiness and a sea weed aftertaste. A slight amount of salt, smoke and a ginger spiciness in the finish give this beer a unique, savory quality. There is no monster lurking in the deep recesses. As strange as this beer sounds, Umami Monster manages to stay completely drinkable; a Japanese restaurant in a glass.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 listened to Midwest Trip Part 2. 7 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Stone Thunderstruck IPA (19th Anniversary). 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Field to Ferment - Citra (2017). 2 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Interurban IPA. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Cherry Chocolate Stout. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Citradamus. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer CA$H MONY . 4 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Fantasy Factory. 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity