Umami Monster pours a light brown or dark copper color and is eerily opaque for a beer this light in color. Does a monster lurk inside? The aroma is reserved with a slight amount of molasses and soy beans. The taste is right inline with the smell featuring flavors of soy sauce and brown sugar, with a mild mackerel fishiness and a sea weed aftertaste. A slight amount of salt, smoke and a ginger spiciness in the finish give this beer a unique, savory quality. There is no monster lurking in the deep recesses. As strange as this beer sounds, Umami Monster manages to stay completely drinkable; a Japanese restaurant in a glass.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Finial Double IPA. 11 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Breck IPA. 1 hour ago
- lauralane added a rating for Decadent Imperial IPA. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Meowsa!. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for No Chill. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Saint Archer White Ale. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Noble King Hoppy Farmhouse Ale. 6 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Lupulin River. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity