Three Philosophers (2016)
The 2016 Three Philosophers pours a dark amber color. The head is reddish tan in color, about one finger thick, with a bubbly texture. It fades fairly quickly into a thin film. Strong aroma that is sweet, like Belgian Candi sugar and dark fruit. Flavor is malty, as you'd expect from a Belgian Quad, with flavors of dark fruit, dark bread, and caramel. Some earthy hoppiness, and a nice amount of oaky, barrel flavors. Smooth and slightly warming, but the 9.7% is well contained. Medium body with a stellar mouthfeel. Three years seems to be a good amount of time to age this beer, as the flavors are still bold, but have also gained more smoothness and complexity.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Ultra Violet Blackberry Sour Ale. 44 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Black Rajah. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for The New Frontier Triple California Style IPA. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to What Can Brown Do For Brew?. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Mogli. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Peeper Ale. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Samuel Adams Brown Ale. 7 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity