Three Philosophers (2016)
The 2016 Three Philosophers pours a dark amber color. The head is reddish tan in color, about one finger thick, with a bubbly texture. It fades fairly quickly into a thin film. Strong aroma that is sweet, like Belgian Candi sugar and dark fruit. Flavor is malty, as you'd expect from a Belgian Quad, with flavors of dark fruit, dark bread, and caramel. Some earthy hoppiness, and a nice amount of oaky, barrel flavors. Smooth and slightly warming, but the 9.7% is well contained. Medium body with a stellar mouthfeel. Three years seems to be a good amount of time to age this beer, as the flavors are still bold, but have also gained more smoothness and complexity.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris added a rating for Venture Maine IPA. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Oak Aged Highland Ale. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for State of Haze. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Here Gose Nothin'. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Double Negative. 4 hours ago
- lposada listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Blind Ambition - Alchemic Ale Series. 6 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Petrus Aged Ale. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity