Three Philosophers (2016)
The 2016 Three Philosophers pours a dark amber color. The head is reddish tan in color, about one finger thick, with a bubbly texture. It fades fairly quickly into a thin film. Strong aroma that is sweet, like Belgian Candi sugar and dark fruit. Flavor is malty, as you'd expect from a Belgian Quad, with flavors of dark fruit, dark bread, and caramel. Some earthy hoppiness, and a nice amount of oaky, barrel flavors. Smooth and slightly warming, but the 9.7% is well contained. Medium body with a stellar mouthfeel. Three years seems to be a good amount of time to age this beer, as the flavors are still bold, but have also gained more smoothness and complexity.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada added a rating for Lorenzo the Beer Cat. 1 hour ago
- lauralane added a rating for Beer Geek Breakfast Stout with Coffee. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Just Outstanding IPA. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Amalgamator. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Critical Band. 5 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Hop 2 It (Idaho Gem). 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for The Pathfinder. 7 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Pollen Nation Honey Blonde Ale. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity