Three Philosophers (2016)
The 2016 Three Philosophers pours a dark amber color. The head is reddish tan in color, about one finger thick, with a bubbly texture. It fades fairly quickly into a thin film. Strong aroma that is sweet, like Belgian Candi sugar and dark fruit. Flavor is malty, as you’d expect from a Belgian Quad, with flavors of dark fruit, dark bread, and caramel. Some earthy hoppiness, and a nice amount of oaky, barrel flavors. Smooth and slightly warming, but the 9.7% is well contained. Medium body with a stellar mouthfeel. Three years seems to be a good amount of time to age this beer, as the flavors are still bold, but have also gained more smoothness and complexity.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Jacaranda. 45 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Fresh Haze IPA. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Paulaner Oktoberfest Märzen. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for 1000 IBU. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Amstel Light. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Newcastle. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn and 1 other added a rating for Southern Woodpile Foeder Bier. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Full Sail LTD Series 01. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity