Three Philosophers (2015)
The youngest beer from our recent Three Philosophers vertical tasting is the 2015 version. It pours a light brown, dark amber color with reddish highlights. Head is about one finger thick, frothy, and khaki in color. The head recedes quickly but leaves nice lacing on the glass. Very aromatic with dark fruit, malt, and Belgian yeast. Taste is much like it smells, with some sweet Belgian breadiness up front, and then a surprisingly high amount of cherry flavor in the aftertaste. But it's not too sweet and remarkably well balanced. Medium body with a creamy, warming mouthfeel. 9.7% ABV and smooth without any booziness. This is high quality and it's easy to see why Brewery Ommegang has been making this for so many years.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Fera Fermentum. 49 minutes ago
- rolandor6 listened to Sour Power Hour. 1 hour ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Adelbert's Blueberry Sour. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Golden Trout. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Plum Riot. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Beard Tax. 6 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to October Spectacular!. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity