Three Philosophers (2015)
The youngest beer from our recent Three Philosophers vertical tasting is the 2015 version. It pours a light brown, dark amber color with reddish highlights. Head is about one finger thick, frothy, and khaki in color. The head recedes quickly but leaves nice lacing on the glass. Very aromatic with dark fruit, malt, and Belgian yeast. Taste is much like it smells, with some sweet Belgian breadiness up front, and then a surprisingly high amount of cherry flavor in the aftertaste. But it's not too sweet and remarkably well balanced. Medium body with a creamy, warming mouthfeel. 9.7% ABV and smooth without any booziness. This is high quality and it's easy to see why Brewery Ommegang has been making this for so many years.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis added a rating for Lambda Triple IPA. 43 minutes ago
- silversurfer and 1 other listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ale. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to L.A. Beers. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Dos Equis Amber. 7 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Fort George Fresh IPA. 7 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Fire, Skulls & Money. 9 hours ago
- More Latest Activity