Three Philosophers (2015)
The youngest beer from our recent Three Philosophers vertical tasting is the 2015 version. It pours a light brown, dark amber color with reddish highlights. Head is about one finger thick, frothy, and khaki in color. The head recedes quickly but leaves nice lacing on the glass. Very aromatic with dark fruit, malt, and Belgian yeast. Taste is much like it smells, with some sweet Belgian breadiness up front, and then a surprisingly high amount of cherry flavor in the aftertaste. But it’s not too sweet and remarkably well balanced. Medium body with a creamy, warming mouthfeel. 9.7% ABV and smooth without any booziness. This is high quality and it’s easy to see why Brewery Ommegang has been making this for so many years.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa added a rating for Rooster's Cream Ale. 9 minutes ago
- Vette432 listened to What's My Name Again?. 1 hour ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Hopslam Ale. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for IPA 395. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for F* Cancer IPA. 5 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Experimental J-Hole. 6 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for California 99 Golden Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity