Three Philosophers (2015)
The youngest beer from our recent Three Philosophers vertical tasting is the 2015 version. It pours a light brown, dark amber color with reddish highlights. Head is about one finger thick, frothy, and khaki in color. The head recedes quickly but leaves nice lacing on the glass. Very aromatic with dark fruit, malt, and Belgian yeast. Taste is much like it smells, with some sweet Belgian breadiness up front, and then a surprisingly high amount of cherry flavor in the aftertaste. But it's not too sweet and remarkably well balanced. Medium body with a creamy, warming mouthfeel. 9.7% ABV and smooth without any booziness. This is high quality and it's easy to see why Brewery Ommegang has been making this for so many years.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer listened to It's the Great Pumpkin Show. 44 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Lucille IPA. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Hellboy - Maple Syrup Pancakes Beer. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to LA LA Land. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Chuck-Amok. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to San Diego Part 2. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Le Merle. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity