Three Philosophers (2013)
In 2013 this beer was made, and we’ve had it cellared ever since. Given our vertical tasting, we make a lot of comparisons to the 2015 version, and this is fairly similar which speaks to the quality and consistency, but there are some subtle differences. Color is light brown, dark amber with a foamy, tan colored head. Aroma is a little more muted than the never versions of this beer, which makes sense given the age. Some sweetness but it’s milder. And despite the cherry additions, the fruit flavors seem more diverse as we also get some other dark fruits like fig and plum. The taste has a bit of funk to it, not in a sour or farmhouse way, but just that it's been aging for awhile. Hops are a little more faded as well, but there’s nice balance. This is not too old and not too young, and 4-5 years might be the right amount of aging for a beer like this.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 added a rating for Pepper & Peaches. 17 minutes ago
- silversurfer listened to On the Boulevard. 1 hour ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Sum'r Summer Ale. 2 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Sanctification. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Flock Wave Unfiltered Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for BORIS The Crusher Reserve. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to Sactown Brews. 6 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Alpers Trout Pale Ale. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity