Three Philosophers (2013)
In 2013 this beer was made, and we’ve had it cellared ever since. Given our vertical tasting, we make a lot of comparisons to the 2015 version, and this is fairly similar which speaks to the quality and consistency, but there are some subtle differences. Color is light brown, dark amber with a foamy, tan colored head. Aroma is a little more muted than the never versions of this beer, which makes sense given the age. Some sweetness but it’s milder. And despite the cherry additions, the fruit flavors seem more diverse as we also get some other dark fruits like fig and plum. The taste has a bit of funk to it, not in a sour or farmhouse way, but just that it's been aging for awhile. Hops are a little more faded as well, but there’s nice balance. This is not too old and not too young, and 4-5 years might be the right amount of aging for a beer like this.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Gordon Biersch Pilsner. 2 minutes ago
- Diesel5 listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 1 hour ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Lily Ale. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for The KrHOPen. 2 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Source Series Apis. 4 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Zero-G Yeast and the Beer Beneath. 5 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Ninja vs. Unicorn. 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Seattle Show. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
The Red Glove
Little Blue Penguin