Three Philosophers (2013)
In 2013 this beer was made, and we've had it cellared ever since. Given our vertical tasting, we make a lot of comparisons to the 2015 version, and this is fairly similar which speaks to the quality and consistency, but there are some subtle differences. Color is light brown, dark amber with a foamy, tan colored head. Aroma is a little more muted than the never versions of this beer, which makes sense given the age. Some sweetness but it's milder. And despite the cherry additions, the fruit flavors seem more diverse as we also get some other dark fruits like fig and plum. The taste has a bit of funk to it, not in a sour or farmhouse way, but just that it's been aging for awhile. Hops are a little more faded as well, but there's nice balance. This is not too old and not too young, and 4-5 years might be the right amount of aging for a beer like this.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Cerasus Magnifera. 16 minutes ago
- lposada listened to Christmas Special. 54 minutes ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Root Bound. 1 hour ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Partying Past Burning Bridges. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Indian Brown Ale. 3 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Petty. 4 hours ago
- HansKennedy30 commented on beer Lunch IPA. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for New Ish Who Dis?. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity