Three Philosophers (2013)
In 2013 this beer was made, and we’ve had it cellared ever since. Given our vertical tasting, we make a lot of comparisons to the 2015 version, and this is fairly similar which speaks to the quality and consistency, but there are some subtle differences. Color is light brown, dark amber with a foamy, tan colored head. Aroma is a little more muted than the never versions of this beer, which makes sense given the age. Some sweetness but it’s milder. And despite the cherry additions, the fruit flavors seem more diverse as we also get some other dark fruits like fig and plum. The taste has a bit of funk to it, not in a sour or farmhouse way, but just that it's been aging for awhile. Hops are a little more faded as well, but there’s nice balance. This is not too old and not too young, and 4-5 years might be the right amount of aging for a beer like this.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Goodland Orange Pale Ale. 16 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Azacca IPA. 50 minutes ago
- silversurfer listened to Exploring the Vault. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 listened to LA LA Land. 2 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 and 1 other listened to Midwest Trip Part 2. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Imaginary Friends. 5 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Head South. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Pachamama Porter. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity