Three Philosophers (2013)
In 2013 this beer was made, and we’ve had it cellared ever since. Given our vertical tasting, we make a lot of comparisons to the 2015 version, and this is fairly similar which speaks to the quality and consistency, but there are some subtle differences. Color is light brown, dark amber with a foamy, tan colored head. Aroma is a little more muted than the never versions of this beer, which makes sense given the age. Some sweetness but it’s milder. And despite the cherry additions, the fruit flavors seem more diverse as we also get some other dark fruits like fig and plum. The taste has a bit of funk to it, not in a sour or farmhouse way, but just that it's been aging for awhile. Hops are a little more faded as well, but there’s nice balance. This is not too old and not too young, and 4-5 years might be the right amount of aging for a beer like this.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa added a rating for Big Daddy IPA. 24 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Lazy Hazy IPA. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Alligator. 3 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 4 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Donner Party Porter. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Bourbon County Brand Stout (2017). 6 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Dynamo Donut Imperial Stout. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity