Three Philosophers (2013)
In 2013 this beer was made, and we've had it cellared ever since. Given our vertical tasting, we make a lot of comparisons to the 2015 version, and this is fairly similar which speaks to the quality and consistency, but there are some subtle differences. Color is light brown, dark amber with a foamy, tan colored head. Aroma is a little more muted than the never versions of this beer, which makes sense given the age. Some sweetness but it's milder. And despite the cherry additions, the fruit flavors seem more diverse as we also get some other dark fruits like fig and plum. The taste has a bit of funk to it, not in a sour or farmhouse way, but just that it's been aging for awhile. Hops are a little more faded as well, but there's nice balance. This is not too old and not too young, and 4-5 years might be the right amount of aging for a beer like this.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- atlantic4400 added a rating for The Blue. 13 minutes ago
- Missy19 listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzen. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Ayinger Oktober Fest-Marzen. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Sam Adams Octoberfest. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer 1516 Kellerbier. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to LA LA Land. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Oude Geuze. 3 hours ago
- More Latest Activity