Three Philosophers (2011)
The oldest version from our recent Three Philosophers vertical tasting is the 2011. It clocks in at 9.8% and pours a dark amber color, reddish brown. The head is foamy, light khaki in color and dissipates pretty quickly. Noticeable aroma, but the aroma is subtler that the other versions we tried. Mouthfeel is a tad thicker with a nice viscosity that could have come about with a little more time in the bottle. There’s a little more “old fruit” flavor, like raisin and prune, and not as much fresh, ripe, cherry flavors that we found in the newer versions. A bit oxidized, which isn’t bad, and still completely drinkable at 7 years old. It’s actually remarkably similar to the more recent releases. For a non-Barrel Aged beer, this has held up really well and while it might be hard to find now, it was really fun to try during our podcast where we compared this to the 2013 and 2015 editions.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Victory Festbier. 36 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for Decadent Imperial IPA. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Seafarer Kölsch. 2 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Beaver State Brews. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to New England Part 2: Vermont IPAs. 4 hours ago
- lposada listened to Zero-G Yeast and the Beer Beneath. 6 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Crusher. 6 hours ago
- dheliker and 1 other commented on beer AW-JEFF IT!. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity