Three Philosophers (2011)
The oldest version from our recent Three Philosophers vertical tasting is the 2011. It clocks in at 9.8% and pours a dark amber color, reddish brown. The head is foamy, light khaki in color and dissipates pretty quickly. Noticeable aroma, but the aroma is subtler that the other versions we tried. Mouthfeel is a tad thicker with a nice viscosity that could have come about with a little more time in the bottle. There's a little more "old fruit" flavor, like raisin and prune, and not as much fresh, ripe, cherry flavors that we found in the newer versions. A bit oxidized, which isn't bad, and still completely drinkable at 7 years old. It's actually remarkably similar to the more recent releases. For a non-Barrel Aged beer, this has held up really well and while it might be hard to find now, it was really fun to try during our podcast where we compared this to the 2013 and 2015 editions.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada added a rating for Molecular Self Assembly. 34 minutes ago
- snfan13 and 1 other added a rating for Bretta Rose No. 003. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for MoZee (Zeelander with Mosaic). 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Brooklyn Local 1. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Chau Tien Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Rico Sauvin Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for The Red Glove. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Lemon Drip. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity