This coconut rye stout pours a very dark brown, almost black color, with a tan head that is both filmy and bubbly. Amazing aroma of coconut and robust caramel malt. Taste follows the nose, with coconut, coffee, and chocolate all very present. A bit of cream and vanilla and it all wraps up with a spicy bite on the finish from the rye. Complex flavors yet very well balanced from start to finish. Medium body with smooth carbonation. Overall an excellent beer: like a liquid Almond Joy or Mounds bar but still with the beer flavor. You have to like coconut, but as long as you do, this is an excellent beer for this style.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Birra Nursia Bionda. 12 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Wolf Child Double IPA. 1 hour ago
- lauralane listened to OMG Brewery Ommegang!. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Zonker Stout. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Sippin on Dank. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 and 1 other added a rating for Grand Hill IPA. 5 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Prinsipia. 6 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Victory Festbier. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity