This coconut rye stout pours a very dark brown, almost black color, with a tan head that is both filmy and bubbly. Amazing aroma of coconut and robust caramel malt. Taste follows the nose, with coconut, coffee, and chocolate all very present. A bit of cream and vanilla and it all wraps up with a spicy bite on the finish from the rye. Complex flavors yet very well balanced from start to finish. Medium body with smooth carbonation. Overall an excellent beer: like a liquid Almond Joy or Mounds bar but still with the beer flavor. You have to like coconut, but as long as you do, this is an excellent beer for this style.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris listened to October Spectacular!. 57 minutes ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Honey Hips Strong Blonde. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Cantrip Kölsch. 1 hour ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Pomona Queen. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Reissdorf Kölsch. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Solarc Shower Beer. 3 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Rye-on-Rye-on-Rye. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to All About the Stout. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity