This coconut rye stout pours a very dark brown, almost black color, with a tan head that is both filmy and bubbly. Amazing aroma of coconut and robust caramel malt. Taste follows the nose, with coconut, coffee, and chocolate all very present. A bit of cream and vanilla and it all wraps up with a spicy bite on the finish from the rye. Complex flavors yet very well balanced from start to finish. Medium body with smooth carbonation. Overall an excellent beer: like a liquid Almond Joy or Mounds bar but still with the beer flavor. You have to like coconut, but as long as you do, this is an excellent beer for this style.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson and 1 other listened to What Can Brown Do For Brew?. 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Hoptologist DIPA. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Stouterday Night Live. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Vanilla Infused Porter. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for 5 Hop Black IPA. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Pale to the King. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Art Car IPA. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Treevana IPA. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity