The Brother pours a pale amber color, mostly clear, but with a soft haze. Head is white and bubbly, with solid retention and lacing. Dank aroma with lots of ripe stone fruit and melon. Taste is a little boozy at first, and the 8.5% is correct. But it's full of hop flavors like melon, citrus, and resinous pine, complemented by a sweet honey and caramel malt flavor. Mouthfeel is syrupy but not cloying. Medium body with ideal carbonation for the style. Not much bitterness and the sweetness seems to accumulate, leaving you with a smooth, caramel flavor as an aftertaste. Not for the casual drinker, but this is one that DIPA fans should enjoy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Sugaree Maple Bourbon Pecan Pie. 26 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Rhythm in the Lands. 1 hour ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Murk Man IPA. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to Clown Shoes: Philled to the Brim. 3 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Never Mind the Beer Here's the Milkshake. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Wailua Wheat. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Alpha Abstraction vol. 7. 6 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Sippin on Dank. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity