The Brother pours a pale amber color, mostly clear, but with a soft haze. Head is white and bubbly, with solid retention and lacing. Dank aroma with lots of ripe stone fruit and melon. Taste is a little boozy at first, and the 8.5% is correct. But it’s full of hop flavors like melon, citrus, and resinous pine, complemented by a sweet honey and caramel malt flavor. Mouthfeel is syrupy but not cloying. Medium body with ideal carbonation for the style. Not much bitterness and the sweetness seems to accumulate, leaving you with a smooth, caramel flavor as an aftertaste. Not for the casual drinker, but this is one that DIPA fans should enjoy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa and 1 other listened to White Night. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Boo Koo IPA. 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Mama’s Little Yella Pils. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Noel 2017. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Sam Adams Pumpkin Batch. 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to Operation IPA Overload. 7 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Critical Band. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity