The Brother pours a pale amber color, mostly clear, but with a soft haze. Head is white and bubbly, with solid retention and lacing. Dank aroma with lots of ripe stone fruit and melon. Taste is a little boozy at first, and the 8.5% is correct. But it's full of hop flavors like melon, citrus, and resinous pine, complemented by a sweet honey and caramel malt flavor. Mouthfeel is syrupy but not cloying. Medium body with ideal carbonation for the style. Not much bitterness and the sweetness seems to accumulate, leaving you with a smooth, caramel flavor as an aftertaste. Not for the casual drinker, but this is one that DIPA fans should enjoy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 added a rating for Achel 8 Blond. 4 minutes ago
- IPAman added a rating for Cast Out IPA. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Steal This Can. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Unpresidential IPA. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Spaten Pils. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Raspberry AF. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to Hop o' The Morning. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Trejo's Cerveza. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity