The Brother pours a pale amber color, mostly clear, but with a soft haze. Head is white and bubbly, with solid retention and lacing. Dank aroma with lots of ripe stone fruit and melon. Taste is a little boozy at first, and the 8.5% is correct. But it’s full of hop flavors like melon, citrus, and resinous pine, complemented by a sweet honey and caramel malt flavor. Mouthfeel is syrupy but not cloying. Medium body with ideal carbonation for the style. Not much bitterness and the sweetness seems to accumulate, leaving you with a smooth, caramel flavor as an aftertaste. Not for the casual drinker, but this is one that DIPA fans should enjoy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 added a rating for Cuvee-Brut. 9 minutes ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Half Hitch. 1 hour ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Pyramid Curve Ball. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Super Session #2. 2 hours ago
- beavwarius added a rating for Citra Double IPA. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for PranQster. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Petite Sour Reserva Cassis. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Japanese Green Tea IPA. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity