The Brother pours a pale amber color, mostly clear, but with a soft haze. Head is white and bubbly, with solid retention and lacing. Dank aroma with lots of ripe stone fruit and melon. Taste is a little boozy at first, and the 8.5% is correct. But it's full of hop flavors like melon, citrus, and resinous pine, complemented by a sweet honey and caramel malt flavor. Mouthfeel is syrupy but not cloying. Medium body with ideal carbonation for the style. Not much bitterness and the sweetness seems to accumulate, leaving you with a smooth, caramel flavor as an aftertaste. Not for the casual drinker, but this is one that DIPA fans should enjoy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Pop-Up Session IPA. 49 minutes ago
- Alexa listened to Beaver State Brews. 1 hour ago
- SuzyQ commented on beer General Sherman IPA. 1 hour ago
- SuzyQ added a rating for General Sherman IPA. 1 hour ago
- budman1 listened to 1st Anniversary Show. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Finial Double IPA. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Trappistes Rochefort 6. 4 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity