The Brother pours a pale amber color, mostly clear, but with a soft haze. Head is white and bubbly, with solid retention and lacing. Dank aroma with lots of ripe stone fruit and melon. Taste is a little boozy at first, and the 8.5% is correct. But it’s full of hop flavors like melon, citrus, and resinous pine, complemented by a sweet honey and caramel malt flavor. Mouthfeel is syrupy but not cloying. Medium body with ideal carbonation for the style. Not much bitterness and the sweetness seems to accumulate, leaving you with a smooth, caramel flavor as an aftertaste. Not for the casual drinker, but this is one that DIPA fans should enjoy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada added a rating for Citra High. 16 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for It's Complicated Being a Wizard. 1 hour ago
- budman1 listened to Charge of the Light Beergade. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning and 1 other listened to Three Dogfish Night Joy to the World. 3 hours ago
- plarson listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Lot No. 3 IPA. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Take Me Down to Cigar City. 6 hours ago
- dheliker added a rating for F* Cancer IPA. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity