The Brother pours a pale amber color, mostly clear, but with a soft haze. Head is white and bubbly, with solid retention and lacing. Dank aroma with lots of ripe stone fruit and melon. Taste is a little boozy at first, and the 8.5% is correct. But it's full of hop flavors like melon, citrus, and resinous pine, complemented by a sweet honey and caramel malt flavor. Mouthfeel is syrupy but not cloying. Medium body with ideal carbonation for the style. Not much bitterness and the sweetness seems to accumulate, leaving you with a smooth, caramel flavor as an aftertaste. Not for the casual drinker, but this is one that DIPA fans should enjoy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Pine'Hop'Le. 31 minutes ago
- Missy19 and 1 other listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Dopamine (Ghost 822). 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Pool Party Haze. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Catalyst. 6 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Sugar Pine Cocoa-Vanilla Porter. 7 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Playification. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity