The Brother pours a pale amber color, mostly clear, but with a soft haze. Head is white and bubbly, with solid retention and lacing. Dank aroma with lots of ripe stone fruit and melon. Taste is a little boozy at first, and the 8.5% is correct. But it’s full of hop flavors like melon, citrus, and resinous pine, complemented by a sweet honey and caramel malt flavor. Mouthfeel is syrupy but not cloying. Medium body with ideal carbonation for the style. Not much bitterness and the sweetness seems to accumulate, leaving you with a smooth, caramel flavor as an aftertaste. Not for the casual drinker, but this is one that DIPA fans should enjoy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson added a rating for Clear AF IPA. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to L.A. Beers. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for 11 Pipers Piping. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Pumpkin Show 2017. 5 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Allagash House Beer. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Sour Power Hour. 6 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for XII Zwölfjahre. 7 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Space Needle Golden IPA. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity