The Brother pours a pale amber color, mostly clear, but with a soft haze. Head is white and bubbly, with solid retention and lacing. Dank aroma with lots of ripe stone fruit and melon. Taste is a little boozy at first, and the 8.5% is correct. But it's full of hop flavors like melon, citrus, and resinous pine, complemented by a sweet honey and caramel malt flavor. Mouthfeel is syrupy but not cloying. Medium body with ideal carbonation for the style. Not much bitterness and the sweetness seems to accumulate, leaving you with a smooth, caramel flavor as an aftertaste. Not for the casual drinker, but this is one that DIPA fans should enjoy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Create-A-Potato. 17 minutes ago
- lauralane added a rating for Great Lei Pineapple Colada IPA. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Redhook Sunrye Summer Ale. 2 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Glorious Pale Ale. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to No Pumpkins Here. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Great Lakes Brewing Oktoberfest. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Allagash White. 6 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Ten Fidy. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity