The Brother pours a pale amber color, mostly clear, but with a soft haze. Head is white and bubbly, with solid retention and lacing. Dank aroma with lots of ripe stone fruit and melon. Taste is a little boozy at first, and the 8.5% is correct. But it's full of hop flavors like melon, citrus, and resinous pine, complemented by a sweet honey and caramel malt flavor. Mouthfeel is syrupy but not cloying. Medium body with ideal carbonation for the style. Not much bitterness and the sweetness seems to accumulate, leaving you with a smooth, caramel flavor as an aftertaste. Not for the casual drinker, but this is one that DIPA fans should enjoy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 listened to Sactown Brews. 40 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Fulton Barrel Aged Proper Porter. 1 hour ago
- Wildflowers4u commented on beer Two Hearted Ale. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Redemption. 2 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Beer V. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for King Sue. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to It's a Trappist!. 6 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Orange Blossom Blonde Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity