Tax Holiday (Port Barrel Aged)
The port barrel aged version of Tax Holiday pours a light brown color with a reddish hue. Aroma has some spice and herbs as well as hints of red grape. The flavors are rich and malty, with spice and herbs up front, much like the aroma. Then you notice the influence of the port-wine barrels, which smooth out the flavors and add a lot of dark fruit like cherry and fig, as well as dark chocolate and honey. But it's not sweet. Compared to the non-barrel aged version, this tastes like a completely different beer. Several different flavors, clearly changed by the barrel aging process, and it's surprising that both are exactly 10% ABV. While they may be very different, each has great qualities that make them worthwhile options for the winter season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- dheliker listened to Oktcovidtest 2020. 18 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Fall Back Grab Bag. 23 minutes ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Love Child No. 5. 1 hour ago
- dheliker uploaded a photo for podcast Oktcovidtest 2020. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Florida Cracker. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Tax Holiday (Port Barrel Aged). 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to 99 Podcasts of Beer on the Web, 99 Podcasts of Beer. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Celebration Ale (2019). 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity