Tax Holiday (Port Barrel Aged)
The port barrel aged version of Tax Holiday pours a light brown color with a reddish hue. Aroma has some spice and herbs as well as hints of red grape. The flavors are rich and malty, with spice and herbs up front, much like the aroma. Then you notice the influence of the port-wine barrels, which smooth out the flavors and add a lot of dark fruit like cherry and fig, as well as dark chocolate and honey. But it’s not sweet. Compared to the non-barrel aged version, this tastes like a completely different beer. Several different flavors, clearly changed by the barrel aging process, and it’s surprising that both are exactly 10% ABV. While they may be very different, each has great qualities that make them worthwhile options for the winter season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Glorious Pale Ale. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Marionberry Braggot. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc listened to New Years Blast from the Past. 3 hours ago
- dheliker added a rating for Smoke and Mirrors. 4 hours ago
- dheliker uploaded a photo for beer Interstellar Juggernaut. 4 hours ago
- dheliker added a rating for Interstellar Juggernaut. 4 hours ago
- dheliker added a rating for Mind Haze IPA. 4 hours ago
- dheliker uploaded a photo for beer Mind Haze IPA. 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity