Tax Holiday (Port Barrel Aged)
The port barrel aged version of Tax Holiday pours a light brown color with a reddish hue. Aroma has some spice and herbs as well as hints of red grape. The flavors are rich and malty, with spice and herbs up front, much like the aroma. Then you notice the influence of the port-wine barrels, which smooth out the flavors and add a lot of dark fruit like cherry and fig, as well as dark chocolate and honey. But it’s not sweet. Compared to the non-barrel aged version, this tastes like a completely different beer. Several different flavors, clearly changed by the barrel aging process, and it’s surprising that both are exactly 10% ABV. While they may be very different, each has great qualities that make them worthwhile options for the winter season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa added a rating for Falling Water IPA. 13 minutes ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Big Hoppa IPA. 14 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Tusk & Grain: Wee Heavy. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Category 5 IPA. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Happy Hops. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for More Moro Blood Orange IPA. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming and 1 other added a rating for Boulevard Brewing Chocolate Ale. 4 hours ago
- plarson and 1 other added a rating for KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout). 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity