Tax Holiday (Port Barrel Aged)
The port barrel aged version of Tax Holiday pours a light brown color with a reddish hue. Aroma has some spice and herbs as well as hints of red grape. The flavors are rich and malty, with spice and herbs up front, much like the aroma. Then you notice the influence of the port-wine barrels, which smooth out the flavors and add a lot of dark fruit like cherry and fig, as well as dark chocolate and honey. But it's not sweet. Compared to the non-barrel aged version, this tastes like a completely different beer. Several different flavors, clearly changed by the barrel aging process, and it's surprising that both are exactly 10% ABV. While they may be very different, each has great qualities that make them worthwhile options for the winter season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 added a rating for Everyone Gose Mad. 9 minutes ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Citra Double IPA. 48 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Hoss. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to All About the Stout. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Fera Fermentum. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Pine'Hop'Le. 6 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Peachy Bones. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity