Tax Holiday (Port Barrel Aged)
The port barrel aged version of Tax Holiday pours a light brown color with a reddish hue. Aroma has some spice and herbs as well as hints of red grape. The flavors are rich and malty, with spice and herbs up front, much like the aroma. Then you notice the influence of the port-wine barrels, which smooth out the flavors and add a lot of dark fruit like cherry and fig, as well as dark chocolate and honey. But it’s not sweet. Compared to the non-barrel aged version, this tastes like a completely different beer. Several different flavors, clearly changed by the barrel aging process, and it’s surprising that both are exactly 10% ABV. While they may be very different, each has great qualities that make them worthwhile options for the winter season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Tusk & Grain: Wee Heavy. 17 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Category 5 IPA. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Happy Hops. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for More Moro Blood Orange IPA. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming and 1 other added a rating for Boulevard Brewing Chocolate Ale. 3 hours ago
- plarson and 1 other added a rating for KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout). 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Epic Barley Wine . 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Trappistes Rochefort 8. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity