Tax Holiday (Port Barrel Aged)
The port barrel aged version of Tax Holiday pours a light brown color with a reddish hue. Aroma has some spice and herbs as well as hints of red grape. The flavors are rich and malty, with spice and herbs up front, much like the aroma. Then you notice the influence of the port-wine barrels, which smooth out the flavors and add a lot of dark fruit like cherry and fig, as well as dark chocolate and honey. But it's not sweet. Compared to the non-barrel aged version, this tastes like a completely different beer. Several different flavors, clearly changed by the barrel aging process, and it's surprising that both are exactly 10% ABV. While they may be very different, each has great qualities that make them worthwhile options for the winter season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Plum Riot. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Exploring the Vault. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for New Money. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to The Sierra Nevada Show. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Can't Stop Juicin'. 4 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to 1st Anniversary Show. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to What's My Name Again?. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Round Midnight Belgian White. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity