Tax Holiday (Port Barrel Aged)
The port barrel aged version of Tax Holiday pours a light brown color with a reddish hue. Aroma has some spice and herbs as well as hints of red grape. The flavors are rich and malty, with spice and herbs up front, much like the aroma. Then you notice the influence of the port-wine barrels, which smooth out the flavors and add a lot of dark fruit like cherry and fig, as well as dark chocolate and honey. But it's not sweet. Compared to the non-barrel aged version, this tastes like a completely different beer. Several different flavors, clearly changed by the barrel aging process, and it's surprising that both are exactly 10% ABV. While they may be very different, each has great qualities that make them worthwhile options for the winter season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Sierra Nevada Golden IPA. 38 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Phantasmagoria. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Hitachino Nest White Ale. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for The Cryo-Chronic IPA. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Changeling. 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Beaver State Brews. 6 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Brett Lager. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity