Tax Holiday (Port Barrel Aged)
The port barrel aged version of Tax Holiday pours a light brown color with a reddish hue. Aroma has some spice and herbs as well as hints of red grape. The flavors are rich and malty, with spice and herbs up front, much like the aroma. Then you notice the influence of the port-wine barrels, which smooth out the flavors and add a lot of dark fruit like cherry and fig, as well as dark chocolate and honey. But it's not sweet. Compared to the non-barrel aged version, this tastes like a completely different beer. Several different flavors, clearly changed by the barrel aging process, and it's surprising that both are exactly 10% ABV. While they may be very different, each has great qualities that make them worthwhile options for the winter season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB listened to Three Dogfish Night Joy to the World. 56 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Lambda Triple IPA. 1 hour ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to 100th Episode!. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Pistachio Cream Ale. 3 hours ago
- mackleminor added a rating for Midsummer Devotion. 3 hours ago
- mackleminor uploaded a photo for beer Midsummer Devotion. 3 hours ago
- mackleminor added a rating for neighborhood.. 3 hours ago
- mackleminor uploaded a photo for beer neighborhood.. 3 hours ago
- More Latest Activity