Tax Holiday (Port Barrel Aged)
The port barrel aged version of Tax Holiday pours a light brown color with a reddish hue. Aroma has some spice and herbs as well as hints of red grape. The flavors are rich and malty, with spice and herbs up front, much like the aroma. Then you notice the influence of the port-wine barrels, which smooth out the flavors and add a lot of dark fruit like cherry and fig, as well as dark chocolate and honey. But it's not sweet. Compared to the non-barrel aged version, this tastes like a completely different beer. Several different flavors, clearly changed by the barrel aging process, and it's surprising that both are exactly 10% ABV. While they may be very different, each has great qualities that make them worthwhile options for the winter season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa added a rating for Miami Gras. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Islander IPA. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for American Sour (2015). 3 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Rahr & Sons Pumpkin. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Fullerton Haze Hop Blend No. 6. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Rio Blanco Pale Ale. 6 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Goose Experimental Ale. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Stouting Match. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity