Tax Holiday (Port Barrel Aged)
The port barrel aged version of Tax Holiday pours a light brown color with a reddish hue. Aroma has some spice and herbs as well as hints of red grape. The flavors are rich and malty, with spice and herbs up front, much like the aroma. Then you notice the influence of the port-wine barrels, which smooth out the flavors and add a lot of dark fruit like cherry and fig, as well as dark chocolate and honey. But it's not sweet. Compared to the non-barrel aged version, this tastes like a completely different beer. Several different flavors, clearly changed by the barrel aging process, and it's surprising that both are exactly 10% ABV. While they may be very different, each has great qualities that make them worthwhile options for the winter season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Hop Troll: Amarillo. 14 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for Adelbert's Blueberry Sour. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Lolita (2015). 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Le Jus. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Choklat. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Zaftig Wee Heavy. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Lifted Embargo IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity