Tart of Darkness
Tart of Darkness is certainly dark and tart, yet so much more. It pours a hazy, dark brown color with some red highlights around the edges and a thin tan head. The aroma consists of bourbon-soaked cherries, figs and oak. On the initial sip, sour cherry is the dominant flavor. The high degree of sourness is then balanced by the dark roasted malt stout characteristics. In the aftertaste, the flavor shifts to sweet cherry but is immediately countered by an oaky smokiness. This is an incredibly complex yet balanced beer at every stage of the experience and an excellent offering from The Bruery Terreux.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Kushetka Imperial Stout. 8 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for CHP - Chocolate Hazelnut Porter. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Vicinity. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Today's Class: Beer 101. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for The Devil Went Down To Oregon. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Pop-Up Session IPA. 5 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Lilith's Brethren. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Flying Fish XPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity