Tart of Darkness
Tart of Darkness is certainly dark and tart, yet so much more. It pours a hazy, dark brown color with some red highlights around the edges and a thin tan head. The aroma consists of bourbon-soaked cherries, figs and oak. On the initial sip, sour cherry is the dominant flavor. The high degree of sourness is then balanced by the dark roasted malt stout characteristics. In the aftertaste, the flavor shifts to sweet cherry but is immediately countered by an oaky smokiness. This is an incredibly complex yet balanced beer at every stage of the experience and an excellent offering from The Bruery Terreux.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris added a rating for Citrus Wheat Beer. 14 minutes ago
- snfan13 and 1 other listened to The Fairly Okay Thanksgiving Podcast. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Hopster Pot. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Coffee & Cream. 3 hours ago
- budman1 listened to Hop o' The Morning. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Rahr & Sons Pumpkin. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Barrel Project: Mango Sour Ale. 6 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Chasing Nelson. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity