Tart of Darkness
Tart of Darkness is certainly dark and tart, yet so much more. It pours a hazy, dark brown color with some red highlights around the edges and a thin tan head. The aroma consists of bourbon-soaked cherries, figs and oak. On the initial sip, sour cherry is the dominant flavor. The high degree of sourness is then balanced by the dark roasted malt stout characteristics. In the aftertaste, the flavor shifts to sweet cherry but is immediately countered by an oaky smokiness. This is an incredibly complex yet balanced beer at every stage of the experience and an excellent offering from The Bruery Terreux.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Backroad Vanilla Porter. 15 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for The Red Glove. 1 hour ago
- IPAman added a rating for Only Echoes Respond. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Portlandia. 3 hours ago
- lposada listened to What Can Brown Do For Brew?. 3 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Squall IPA. 5 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Winter is Here. 6 hours ago
- snpaulson added a rating for 3.8 Miles. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity