Tart of Darkness
Tart of Darkness is certainly dark and tart, yet so much more. It pours a hazy, dark brown color with some red highlights around the edges and a thin tan head. The aroma consists of bourbon-soaked cherries, figs and oak. On the initial sip, sour cherry is the dominant flavor. The high degree of sourness is then balanced by the dark roasted malt stout characteristics. In the aftertaste, the flavor shifts to sweet cherry but is immediately countered by an oaky smokiness. This is an incredibly complex yet balanced beer at every stage of the experience and an excellent offering from The Bruery Terreux.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jhmiller added a rating for American Sour (2015). 2 minutes ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Double Chuuurch!. 16 minutes ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer American Sour (2015). 17 minutes ago
- plarson and 1 other listened to The Gold Standard. 44 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming and 1 other listened to Beer Draft: Round One. 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for 60 Days Dry Aged Stout. 2 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Amalgamator. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Cranberry Quince Berliner Weisse. 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity