Tart of Darkness
Tart of Darkness is certainly dark and tart, yet so much more. It pours a hazy, dark brown color with some red highlights around the edges and a thin tan head. The aroma consists of bourbon-soaked cherries, figs and oak. On the initial sip, sour cherry is the dominant flavor. The high degree of sourness is then balanced by the dark roasted malt stout characteristics. In the aftertaste, the flavor shifts to sweet cherry but is immediately countered by an oaky smokiness. This is an incredibly complex yet balanced beer at every stage of the experience and an excellent offering from The Bruery Terreux.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Mega Monster Imperial IPA. 11 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for Super Beta. 1 hour ago
- lauralane listened to Midwest Trip Part 1. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Creme Brulee Imperial Milk Stout. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Origin DIPA. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Icelandic Winter Ale (2016). 5 hours ago
- Alexa listened to All About the Stout. 6 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Easter Bunny Beer. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity