Tart of Darkness
Tart of Darkness is certainly dark and tart, yet so much more. It pours a hazy, dark brown color with some red highlights around the edges and a thin tan head. The aroma consists of bourbon-soaked cherries, figs and oak. On the initial sip, sour cherry is the dominant flavor. The high degree of sourness is then balanced by the dark roasted malt stout characteristics. In the aftertaste, the flavor shifts to sweet cherry but is immediately countered by an oaky smokiness. This is an incredibly complex yet balanced beer at every stage of the experience and an excellent offering from The Bruery Terreux.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Moral Panic. 1 hour ago
- Alexa added a rating for Hop Rod Rye. 1 hour ago
- duffy12 added a rating for The 105 IPA. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for The Corruption IPA. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Electric Lettuce. 5 hours ago
- plarson listened to On the Boulevard. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Grisette Blend #4. 7 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Angelica. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Kabru West Coast IPA