Tart of Darkness
Tart of Darkness is certainly dark and tart, yet so much more. It pours a hazy, dark brown color with some red highlights around the edges and a thin tan head. The aroma consists of bourbon-soaked cherries, figs and oak. On the initial sip, sour cherry is the dominant flavor. The high degree of sourness is then balanced by the dark roasted malt stout characteristics. In the aftertaste, the flavor shifts to sweet cherry but is immediately countered by an oaky smokiness. This is an incredibly complex yet balanced beer at every stage of the experience and an excellent offering from The Bruery Terreux.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Mocha Wednesday (2016 Edition). 51 minutes ago
- IPAman added a rating for Son of Juice. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Mosaic Sour. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Revivalists Pale Ale. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Critical Band. 4 hours ago
- budman1 listened to Midwest Trip Part 1. 5 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Pyramid Curve Ball. 6 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to It's a Trappist!. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity