Tart of Darkness
Tart of Darkness is certainly dark and tart, yet so much more. It pours a hazy, dark brown color with some red highlights around the edges and a thin tan head. The aroma consists of bourbon-soaked cherries, figs and oak. On the initial sip, sour cherry is the dominant flavor. The high degree of sourness is then balanced by the dark roasted malt stout characteristics. In the aftertaste, the flavor shifts to sweet cherry but is immediately countered by an oaky smokiness. This is an incredibly complex yet balanced beer at every stage of the experience and an excellent offering from The Bruery Terreux.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris added a rating for Rogue American Amber Ale. 3 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Revivalists Pale Ale. 1 hour ago
- CoorsLightning listened to It's the Great Pumpkin Show. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Electric Lettuce. 3 hours ago
- beavwarius and 1 other added a rating for Revision IPA. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for 80-Acre Hoppy Wheat Beer. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Killer Bees. 5 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Pumpkin Down. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity