Tart of Darkness
Tart of Darkness is certainly dark and tart, yet so much more. It pours a hazy, dark brown color with some red highlights around the edges and a thin tan head. The aroma consists of bourbon-soaked cherries, figs and oak. On the initial sip, sour cherry is the dominant flavor. The high degree of sourness is then balanced by the dark roasted malt stout characteristics. In the aftertaste, the flavor shifts to sweet cherry but is immediately countered by an oaky smokiness. This is an incredibly complex yet balanced beer at every stage of the experience and an excellent offering from The Bruery Terreux.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming listened to San Diego Part 1. 30 minutes ago
- lposada listened to Christmas Special. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bro-Kini. 2 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Double Toasted Marshmallow. 3 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Stout at the Devil. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Gordon Biersch Pilsner. 5 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Deserables. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to OMG Brewery Ommegang!. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity