Tart of Darkness
Tart of Darkness is certainly dark and tart, yet so much more. It pours a hazy, dark brown color with some red highlights around the edges and a thin tan head. The aroma consists of bourbon-soaked cherries, figs and oak. On the initial sip, sour cherry is the dominant flavor. The high degree of sourness is then balanced by the dark roasted malt stout characteristics. In the aftertaste, the flavor shifts to sweet cherry but is immediately countered by an oaky smokiness. This is an incredibly complex yet balanced beer at every stage of the experience and an excellent offering from The Bruery Terreux.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 listened to Sactown Brews. 31 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Fulton Barrel Aged Proper Porter. 1 hour ago
- Wildflowers4u commented on beer Two Hearted Ale. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Redemption. 2 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Beer V. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for King Sue. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to It's a Trappist!. 6 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Orange Blossom Blonde Ale. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity