Super Beer Bros - Level 1 (w/Grains of Wrath Brewing)
Level 1 is the first in the Super Beer Bros series, with this initial collaboration between El Segundo Brewing Company and Grains of Wrath Brewing. Appearance is a reddish copper color with an off-white, thick, foamy white. Aroma is dominated by piney hops and a sweet malt aroma. Taste is similar, with piney and resinous hops, but well balanced with a caramel malt sweetness. Tastes a bit like a Red IPA, but there's an accumulating spice to this, almost like a Rye IPA. Nice complex flavors as this beer pulls from a lot of different directions. Mouthfeel is warming with nice carbonation, medium body. We wouldn't call this a bitter DIPA, but there's a pleasant bitterness that comes through in the finish. Overall an outstanding beer and we'll be looking forward to Level 2!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada listened to San Diego Part 1. 45 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Beaver State Brews. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Emerald Triangle IPA. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Filbert. 3 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Funky Pumpkin. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Dirty Bastard Ale. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Buddy Black Rye IPA. 6 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Apotheosis. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity