Sublimely Self-Righteous Black IPA
Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Black IPA pours what appears to be an unsurprising black color. But when you hold it up to the light you'll see it is actually dark brown with some maroon highlights showing through. It has two fingers of khaki head that doesn't ever seem to disappear. The aroma is firmly in the IPA category with plenty of citrus and pine hops. The darker malts are not very apparent on the aroma but definitely come through on the taste. While there are plenty of the hops you would expect from a bottle featuring a gargoyle, the roasted malts offer a unique and robust counterbalance to the hops. Generally when I'm in the mood for a dark beer, I'll have a stout. When I want something lighter, I'll have an IPA. Self-Righteous makes a compelling argument for a blend of the two styles and begs the question, why isn't this a style we see more often?
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer added a rating for Breaking Bud. 1 minute ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Stout at the Devil. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Winter is Here. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Rye-on-Rye-on-Rye. 3 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Southern Woodpile Foeder Bier. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Dorado. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for 805. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Big Bear Black Stout. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity