Color is medium amber with an off-white, foamy head. Lots of lacing on the glass. Aroma is earthy and nutty. Taste follows the nose, with malty, nutty flavors. Also, some dark bread. Hop taste is earthy like the aroma, but also stone fruit and pine. Bitter chocolate comes in on the back end, along with a spicy bite. Finish is slightly bitter but refreshing. Overall this is a complex, flavorful beer. We didn't realize this was a Rye IPA until our first sip, and from that point forward it did not disappoint.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Shake Chocolate Porter. 2 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming listened to The Dark and the Pale. 29 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Hazelutely Choctabulous. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 listened to It's the Great Pumpkin Show. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to 99 Podcasts of Beer on the Web, 99 Podcasts of Beer. 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Sasquatchito XPA. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Christmas Show 2018. 5 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for DAAANG! IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity