Color is medium amber with an off-white, foamy head. Lots of lacing on the glass. Aroma is earthy and nutty. Taste follows the nose, with malty, nutty flavors. Also, some dark bread. Hop taste is earthy like the aroma, but also stone fruit and pine. Bitter chocolate comes in on the back end, along with a spicy bite. Finish is slightly bitter but refreshing. Overall this is a complex, flavorful beer. We didn't realize this was a Rye IPA until our first sip, and from that point forward it did not disappoint.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Pop-Up Session IPA. 1 minute ago
- Alexa listened to Beaver State Brews. 47 minutes ago
- SuzyQ commented on beer General Sherman IPA. 1 hour ago
- SuzyQ added a rating for General Sherman IPA. 1 hour ago
- budman1 listened to 1st Anniversary Show. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Finial Double IPA. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Trappistes Rochefort 6. 4 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity