Stone Xocoveza Extra Anejo
It's Leap Day, and being an extra day, we'll take a look at an "extra" beer. Stone Xocoveza Extra Anejo is surprisingly different than its holiday-themed little brother. Where the regular Xocoveza is extremely chocolately on both the aroma and the flavor, the Extra Anejo is more reserved. The barrel aging has smoothed out this beer to the point where the name is the most common attribute between the two. And this is not a bad thing. The regular Xocoveza was outstanding, bold and flavorful, but one was plenty. Extra Anejo is easy drinking and smooth with very little alcoholic kick for being 8.5%. The taste consists of roasted chocolate malts with coffee being the predominant flavor and only hints of red wine and tequila derived from the barrels. This is a hard one to locate, but pick it up if you can.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Triple Berry Shake. 18 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Jersey Long Hots. 1 hour ago
- IPAman listened to Get Back to Wort!. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Barrel-Aged G&T Gose. 4 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Maracuja. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Lil' Dusty. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity