Stone Xocoveza Extra Anejo
It's Leap Day, and being an extra day, we'll take a look at an "extra" beer. Stone Xocoveza Extra Anejo is surprisingly different than its holiday-themed little brother. Where the regular Xocoveza is extremely chocolately on both the aroma and the flavor, the Extra Anejo is more reserved. The barrel aging has smoothed out this beer to the point where the name is the most common attribute between the two. And this is not a bad thing. The regular Xocoveza was outstanding, bold and flavorful, but one was plenty. Extra Anejo is easy drinking and smooth with very little alcoholic kick for being 8.5%. The taste consists of roasted chocolate malts with coffee being the predominant flavor and only hints of red wine and tequila derived from the barrels. This is a hard one to locate, but pick it up if you can.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Lucille IPA. 12 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Hellboy - Maple Syrup Pancakes Beer. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep listened to LA LA Land. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Chuck-Amok. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to San Diego Part 2. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Le Merle. 5 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Goodland Orange Pale Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity