This Stock Ale pours a beautiful, orange copper color with no head to speak of. Translucent appearance with a unique farmhouse funk aroma. Taste is tart up front, with floral notes that lead to a light sweetness on the back end, including noticeable honey flavors. It's aged in bourbon barrels, and we pick up on the barrel, but not so much the bourbon. Low carbonation but still lots of complex flavors. There are even some champagne-like characteristics, and it seems at times like a blend between a sour ale and a barleywine. An interesting beer but one that would be better with a little bit of carbonation.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for MoZee (Zeelander with Mosaic). 25 minutes ago
- Diesel5 listened to It's a Trappist!. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Cerasus Magnifera. 2 hours ago
- lposada listened to Christmas Special. 3 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Root Bound. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Partying Past Burning Bridges. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Indian Brown Ale. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Petty. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity