This Stock Ale pours a beautiful, orange copper color with no head to speak of. Translucent appearance with a unique farmhouse funk aroma. Taste is tart up front, with floral notes that lead to a light sweetness on the back end, including noticeable honey flavors. It’s aged in bourbon barrels, and we pick up on the barrel, but not so much the bourbon. Low carbonation but still lots of complex flavors. There are even some champagne-like characteristics, and it seems at times like a blend between a sour ale and a barleywine. An interesting beer but one that would be better with a little bit of carbonation.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane listened to Beaver State Brews. 34 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Keep the Noise Low. 1 hour ago
- IPAman added a rating for Citrus Wheat Beer. 2 hours ago
- budman1 listened to Get Back to Wort!. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to 1st Anniversary Show. 5 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Hitched on Haze. 6 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Weedwacker. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity