This Stock Ale pours a beautiful, orange copper color with no head to speak of. Translucent appearance with a unique farmhouse funk aroma. Taste is tart up front, with floral notes that lead to a light sweetness on the back end, including noticeable honey flavors. It's aged in bourbon barrels, and we pick up on the barrel, but not so much the bourbon. Low carbonation but still lots of complex flavors. There are even some champagne-like characteristics, and it seems at times like a blend between a sour ale and a barleywine. An interesting beer but one that would be better with a little bit of carbonation.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 44 minutes ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Mackeson Triple XXX Stout. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Some Pumpkins. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris and 1 other listened to From the Archives Part 1. 3 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Piraat Ale. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 5 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Saison Nouveau. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Consecration. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity