St. Mawes is dark brown, almost black in color with a thin, bubbly, khaki-colored head. Aroma is full of roasted malt but in an earthy, non-sweet way. That continues into the taste, where the taste is roasted malt, complemented by earthy or grassy hops for balance. Coffee, chocolate, licorice, oak, and burnt flavors. Very easy drinking for 7.1%, with a light body for this style. Finish is slightly bitter with a lingering char like black coffee. Despite the color, this is surprisingly light but still full of flavor, and not at all sweet like many stouts out there.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 added a rating for Tax Holiday (Port Barrel Aged). 54 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to 99 Podcasts of Beer on the Web, 99 Podcasts of Beer. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Celebration Ale (2019). 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Achel 8 Blond. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Betty IPA. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Oskar Blues IPA. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Chau Tien Pale Ale. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Muis (with Galaxy Hops). 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity