St. Mawes is dark brown, almost black in color with a thin, bubbly, khaki-colored head. Aroma is full of roasted malt but in an earthy, non-sweet way. That continues into the taste, where the taste is roasted malt, complemented by earthy or grassy hops for balance. Coffee, chocolate, licorice, oak, and burnt flavors. Very easy drinking for 7.1%, with a light body for this style. Finish is slightly bitter with a lingering char like black coffee. Despite the color, this is surprisingly light but still full of flavor, and not at all sweet like many stouts out there.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Auto Shop West Coast Double IPA. 26 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Dark Island. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer listened to St. Paddy's Day Show. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Stone, Cold. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Relay IPA. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Red, White, and Peach. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning and 1 other listened to Cold Beer on a Hot Summer Day. 7 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Berry the Hatchet. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity