St. Mawes is dark brown, almost black in color with a thin, bubbly, khaki-colored head. Aroma is full of roasted malt but in an earthy, non-sweet way. That continues into the taste, where the taste is roasted malt, complemented by earthy or grassy hops for balance. Coffee, chocolate, licorice, oak, and burnt flavors. Very easy drinking for 7.1%, with a light body for this style. Finish is slightly bitter with a lingering char like black coffee. Despite the color, this is surprisingly light but still full of flavor, and not at all sweet like many stouts out there.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Consider Yourself Hugged. 5 minutes ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Universal Secret. 52 minutes ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Fancy Stuff Brut IPA. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Hoptologist DIPA. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for The KrHOPen. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Love Child No. 8. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for City of Dreams. 5 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 and 1 other listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity