St. Mawes is dark brown, almost black in color with a thin, bubbly, khaki-colored head. Aroma is full of roasted malt but in an earthy, non-sweet way. That continues into the taste, where the taste is roasted malt, complemented by earthy or grassy hops for balance. Coffee, chocolate, licorice, oak, and burnt flavors. Very easy drinking for 7.1%, with a light body for this style. Finish is slightly bitter with a lingering char like black coffee. Despite the color, this is surprisingly light but still full of flavor, and not at all sweet like many stouts out there.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 listened to Head South. 2 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Lush Double IPA. 1 hour ago
- duffy12 listened to Operation IPA Overload. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Le Petit Diablotin. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to Thanksgiving Leftovers. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Foam Top. 5 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Whimsy. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Afterglow. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity