St. Mawes is dark brown, almost black in color with a thin, bubbly, khaki-colored head. Aroma is full of roasted malt but in an earthy, non-sweet way. That continues into the taste, where the taste is roasted malt, complemented by earthy or grassy hops for balance. Coffee, chocolate, licorice, oak, and burnt flavors. Very easy drinking for 7.1%, with a light body for this style. Finish is slightly bitter with a lingering char like black coffee. Despite the color, this is surprisingly light but still full of flavor, and not at all sweet like many stouts out there.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Source Series Apis. 59 minutes ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Galaxy Juice IPA. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Allagash White. 2 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Rye-on-Rye-on-Rye. 3 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Damm Lemon. 4 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Big Juice Smoothie Edition. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to New Years Blast from the Past. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Attack Frequency. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity