St. Mawes is dark brown, almost black in color with a thin, bubbly, khaki-colored head. Aroma is full of roasted malt but in an earthy, non-sweet way. That continues into the taste, where the taste is roasted malt, complemented by earthy or grassy hops for balance. Coffee, chocolate, licorice, oak, and burnt flavors. Very easy drinking for 7.1%, with a light body for this style. Finish is slightly bitter with a lingering char like black coffee. Despite the color, this is surprisingly light but still full of flavor, and not at all sweet like many stouts out there.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson added a rating for Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheeple?. 45 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Dankosaurus IPA. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Betty IPA. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to What's My Name Again?. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Exit 18 Baltic Porter. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Dorado High. 5 hours ago
- lposada listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to New England Part 1: The Maine Event. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity