St. Mawes is dark brown, almost black in color with a thin, bubbly, khaki-colored head. Aroma is full of roasted malt but in an earthy, non-sweet way. That continues into the taste, where the taste is roasted malt, complemented by earthy or grassy hops for balance. Coffee, chocolate, licorice, oak, and burnt flavors. Very easy drinking for 7.1%, with a light body for this style. Finish is slightly bitter with a lingering char like black coffee. Despite the color, this is surprisingly light but still full of flavor, and not at all sweet like many stouts out there.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming and 1 other listened to Beers Up North. 40 minutes ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Rebel Rider Session IPA. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Lily Ale. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Hop Ottin' IPA. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Emerald Triangle IPA. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Silva Stout. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Alpha King. 6 hours ago
- plarson listened to The Dark and the Pale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity