St. Mawes is dark brown, almost black in color with a thin, bubbly, khaki-colored head. Aroma is full of roasted malt but in an earthy, non-sweet way. That continues into the taste, where the taste is roasted malt, complemented by earthy or grassy hops for balance. Coffee, chocolate, licorice, oak, and burnt flavors. Very easy drinking for 7.1%, with a light body for this style. Finish is slightly bitter with a lingering char like black coffee. Despite the color, this is surprisingly light but still full of flavor, and not at all sweet like many stouts out there.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Hop Troll: Amarillo. 57 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 listened to The Fairly Okay Thanksgiving Podcast. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Fairy Nectar London. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Flora. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Art Car IPA. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Rogue Creamery 80th Anniversary Ale. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Bourbon Council. 5 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Hop Hunter IPA. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity