St. Mawes is dark brown, almost black in color with a thin, bubbly, khaki-colored head. Aroma is full of roasted malt but in an earthy, non-sweet way. That continues into the taste, where the taste is roasted malt, complemented by earthy or grassy hops for balance. Coffee, chocolate, licorice, oak, and burnt flavors. Very easy drinking for 7.1%, with a light body for this style. Finish is slightly bitter with a lingering char like black coffee. Despite the color, this is surprisingly light but still full of flavor, and not at all sweet like many stouts out there.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa added a rating for Depth-Charged Double Bastard. 51 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Sharkinator White IPA. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Chocolate Indulgence. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Beer Draft: Round One. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Midwest Trip Part 1. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Unity 2018 (West Coast IPA). 5 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to It's a Trappist!. 6 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Sriracha Hot Stout. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity