St. Mawes is dark brown, almost black in color with a thin, bubbly, khaki-colored head. Aroma is full of roasted malt but in an earthy, non-sweet way. That continues into the taste, where the taste is roasted malt, complemented by earthy or grassy hops for balance. Coffee, chocolate, licorice, oak, and burnt flavors. Very easy drinking for 7.1%, with a light body for this style. Finish is slightly bitter with a lingering char like black coffee. Despite the color, this is surprisingly light but still full of flavor, and not at all sweet like many stouts out there.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Goodland Orange Pale Ale. 44 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Bourbon Barrel Aged Dark Star: Coffee Edition (2017). 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Bourbon County Brand Stout (2017). 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Smoke and Mirrors. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Seattle Show. 4 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for The Devil Went Down To Oregon. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Pelican. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Fat Tire. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity