St. Mawes is dark brown, almost black in color with a thin, bubbly, khaki-colored head. Aroma is full of roasted malt but in an earthy, non-sweet way. That continues into the taste, where the taste is roasted malt, complemented by earthy or grassy hops for balance. Coffee, chocolate, licorice, oak, and burnt flavors. Very easy drinking for 7.1%, with a light body for this style. Finish is slightly bitter with a lingering char like black coffee. Despite the color, this is surprisingly light but still full of flavor, and not at all sweet like many stouts out there.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for Tribute Double IPA. 2 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Le Jus. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 listened to Back to the Brews. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 listened to Oktoberfest 2017. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc and 1 other listened to L.A.I.P.As. 3 hours ago
- jhmiller commented on beer Pacific Jade Freestylin'. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Pacific Jade Freestylin'. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Alpha Abstraction vol. 7. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity