Space Ghost is a collaboration between Melvin Brewing and Ecliptic Brewing. It’s a “session barleywine” that pours a moderately hazy, golden color with one finger of foamy head. Aroma is subdued but has some sweet and hoppy notes. Taste is well balanced with bold hoppiness and plenty of malt to back it up. There’s an increasing sweetness but it’s not boozy or alcoholic tasting. Mouthfeel is dry with a juicy, soapy texture that is really nice. Medium body and still one that we would consider a sipper. This is not your typical barleywine, and it seems like if you combined a triple IPA with an Imperial Blonde Ale, you would get something like this. Overall a really solid beer!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Islander IPA. 30 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Mastodon. 1 hour ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Into the Woods. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Stone Ruination 2.0. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Alligator. 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Tusk & Grain: Bourbon Barrel Aged Coconut Stout. 6 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Head Full of Dynomite v.5. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity