Space Ghost is a collaboration between Melvin Brewing and Ecliptic Brewing. It’s a “session barleywine” that pours a moderately hazy, golden color with one finger of foamy head. Aroma is subdued but has some sweet and hoppy notes. Taste is well balanced with bold hoppiness and plenty of malt to back it up. There’s an increasing sweetness but it’s not boozy or alcoholic tasting. Mouthfeel is dry with a juicy, soapy texture that is really nice. Medium body and still one that we would consider a sipper. This is not your typical barleywine, and it seems like if you combined a triple IPA with an Imperial Blonde Ale, you would get something like this. Overall a really solid beer!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Alpine Hoppy Birthday. 3 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Going Vertical with Three Philosophers. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to Beers Up North. 4 hours ago
- dheliker listened to St. Paddy's Day Show. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Japanese Green Tea IPA. 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Dirty Old Man Imperial Rye Porter. 7 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity