Southern Woodpile Foeder Bier
Pours an extremely transparent, golden yellow color with a white, fizzy head that disappears quickly. Visible tiny carbonation bubbles rise up through the beer. Intense aroma of fruit and funk, with clear signs of barrel aging. Taste is super smooth right off the bat. There are ripe fruit flavors of green apple, grapes, and stone fruit, maybe peaches. But there’s also some funky yeast flavors, and lots of barrel-aged oak notes. Slightly tart but also with a noticeable sweetness on the back-end. Complex with a variety of flavors. Mouthfeel is refreshing and crisp. This is a nice tasting Wild Ale from Athens, Georgia.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis added a rating for Marionberry Braggot. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc listened to New Years Blast from the Past. 2 hours ago
- dheliker added a rating for Smoke and Mirrors. 3 hours ago
- dheliker uploaded a photo for beer Interstellar Juggernaut. 3 hours ago
- dheliker added a rating for Interstellar Juggernaut. 3 hours ago
- dheliker added a rating for Mind Haze IPA. 3 hours ago
- dheliker uploaded a photo for beer Mind Haze IPA. 3 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Vicinity. 3 hours ago
- More Latest Activity