Southern Woodpile Foeder Bier
Pours an extremely transparent, golden yellow color with a white, fizzy head that disappears quickly. Visible tiny carbonation bubbles rise up through the beer. Intense aroma of fruit and funk, with clear signs of barrel aging. Taste is super smooth right off the bat. There are ripe fruit flavors of green apple, grapes, and stone fruit, maybe peaches. But there’s also some funky yeast flavors, and lots of barrel-aged oak notes. Slightly tart but also with a noticeable sweetness on the back-end. Complex with a variety of flavors. Mouthfeel is refreshing and crisp. This is a nice tasting Wild Ale from Athens, Georgia.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis and 1 other added a rating for Hoptologist DIPA. 48 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Depth-Charged Double Bastard. 1 hour ago
- Alexa added a rating for Sharkinator White IPA. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Chocolate Indulgence. 3 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Beer Draft: Round One. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Midwest Trip Part 1. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Unity 2018 (West Coast IPA). 6 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to It's a Trappist!. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity