Southern Woodpile Foeder Bier
Pours an extremely transparent, golden yellow color with a white, fizzy head that disappears quickly. Visible tiny carbonation bubbles rise up through the beer. Intense aroma of fruit and funk, with clear signs of barrel aging. Taste is super smooth right off the bat. There are ripe fruit flavors of green apple, grapes, and stone fruit, maybe peaches. But there's also some funky yeast flavors, and lots of barrel-aged oak notes. Slightly tart but also with a noticeable sweetness on the back-end. Complex with a variety of flavors. Mouthfeel is refreshing and crisp. This is a nice tasting Wild Ale from Athens, Georgia.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 32 minutes ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Pale Ale. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Down 'N Dirty Chocolate Oatmeal Stout. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Solarc Shower Beer. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 and 1 other listened to Eastbound and Downed. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to LA LA Land. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Pumpkin Show 2017. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Citra Double IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity