Southern Woodpile Foeder Bier
Pours an extremely transparent, golden yellow color with a white, fizzy head that disappears quickly. Visible tiny carbonation bubbles rise up through the beer. Intense aroma of fruit and funk, with clear signs of barrel aging. Taste is super smooth right off the bat. There are ripe fruit flavors of green apple, grapes, and stone fruit, maybe peaches. But there’s also some funky yeast flavors, and lots of barrel-aged oak notes. Slightly tart but also with a noticeable sweetness on the back-end. Complex with a variety of flavors. Mouthfeel is refreshing and crisp. This is a nice tasting Wild Ale from Athens, Georgia.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Out of Bounds Strawberry Blonde. 2 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Peeper Ale. 1 hour ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Imperial Frambozen with Cocoa. 2 hours ago
- lposada and 1 other listened to Hop o' The Morning. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Tart of Darkness. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Head South. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Unity 2018 (West Coast IPA). 7 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Pale to the King. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity