Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest (2020)
The 2020 Oktoberfest pours a dark gold, nearly pale amber color. It’s crystal clear with a thin, half a finger of off-white head that disappears quickly. On the nose, we get a fair amount of both hops and malts, and it’s more aromatic than most of the German fest beers. Taste has proper balance with light caramel malt and herbal hops. We enjoy the hop bitterness on the back end that cuts any significant sweetness. And this has the signature malt profile that clearly defines it as a Sierra Nevada beer. In previous years, Sierra Nevada has partnered with different German breweries and it seems like they didn’t do that this year, perhaps because of limitations due to COVID. Nevertheless, it’s a solid Oktoberfest offering and one to pick up every year.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Bruery Terreux Oude Tart with Cherries. 1 hour ago
- Alexa listened to If You're Drinkin', Euro-Peein. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to Take Me Down to Cigar City. 3 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Stone Delicious IPA. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Sum'r Summer Ale. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Boone County Brown. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity