Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest (2020)
The 2020 Oktoberfest pours a dark gold, nearly pale amber color. It’s crystal clear with a thin, half a finger of off-white head that disappears quickly. On the nose, we get a fair amount of both hops and malts, and it’s more aromatic than most of the German fest beers. Taste has proper balance with light caramel malt and herbal hops. We enjoy the hop bitterness on the back end that cuts any significant sweetness. And this has the signature malt profile that clearly defines it as a Sierra Nevada beer. In previous years, Sierra Nevada has partnered with different German breweries and it seems like they didn’t do that this year, perhaps because of limitations due to COVID. Nevertheless, it’s a solid Oktoberfest offering and one to pick up every year.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa and 1 other added a rating for Fort George Fresh IPA. 53 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Green Gorilla. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for ChoreoGraft. 3 hours ago
- Alexa listened to 99 Podcasts of Beer on the Web, 99 Podcasts of Beer. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for RuinTen Triple IPA (2016). 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Booming Rollers. 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Viejo Rojo. 6 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Icelandic White Ale. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity