Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest (2019)
This year’s Oktoberfest was made in collaboration with Bitburger Brewery in Germany. The color is medium amber, which is seemingly redder in color than previous years. Aroma is classically German with a malty taste from the start. Grainy, caramel malt flavors, with perfect carbonation. But there’s a unique taste, and there’s a clear, traditional Sierra Nevada contribution. It’s not overly sweet, but we get some apple and brandy flavors that establish a complexity that we don’t often see in this style. Perhaps our favorite seasonal beer, with this year’s combination of Bitbuger’s custom yeast and a secret hop blend called Siegelhopfen, this is one spectacular beer. Prost!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Great Lakes Brewing Oktoberfest. 24 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for HazyCaliFrajilisticHoppyaladocious. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Tap It IPA. 3 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Mocha Marlin. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Tropical IPA. 5 hours ago
- IPAman listened to Happy New Beer!. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to New England Part 1: The Maine Event. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity