Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest (2019)
This year’s Oktoberfest was made in collaboration with Bitburger Brewery in Germany. The color is medium amber, which is seemingly redder in color than previous years. Aroma is classically German with a malty taste from the start. Grainy, caramel malt flavors, with perfect carbonation. But there’s a unique taste, and there’s a clear, traditional Sierra Nevada contribution. It’s not overly sweet, but we get some apple and brandy flavors that establish a complexity that we don’t often see in this style. Perhaps our favorite seasonal beer, with this year’s combination of Bitbuger’s custom yeast and a secret hop blend called Siegelhopfen, this is one spectacular beer. Prost!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for King Sue. 12 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Momo Haze. 59 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Beer Draft: Round One. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to Some Pumpkins. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Stone Ruination 2.0. 4 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Exit 3 Blueberry Braggot. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Birra Nursia Bionda. 6 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Pina Agria. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity