Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest (2016)
Where the previous year's version Oktoberfest from Sierra Nevada caught flack for being too hoppy, the 2016 edition leans toward tradition. It offers a golden color and distinctly German characteristics resulting from the use of German malts and hops. There is a reserved aroma, bready malts with a hint of citrus. The flavor of this beer balances grainy malts, hop bitterness, and sugar sweetness into a clean lager with a crisp finish. It tastes very much like traditional German Oktoberfest beers, yet it provides a freshness in the US that you can probably only get by traveling to Germany.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada added a rating for Summer Solstice. 3 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Midwest Trip Part 1. 29 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Great Lakes Brewing Oktoberfest. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for HazyCaliFrajilisticHoppyaladocious. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Tap It IPA. 4 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Mocha Marlin. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Tropical IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity