Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest (2016)
Where the previous year's version Oktoberfest from Sierra Nevada caught flack for being too hoppy, the 2016 edition leans toward tradition. It offers a golden color and distinctly German characteristics resulting from the use of German malts and hops. There is a reserved aroma, bready malts with a hint of citrus. The flavor of this beer balances grainy malts, hop bitterness, and sugar sweetness into a clean lager with a crisp finish. It tastes very much like traditional German Oktoberfest beers, yet it provides a freshness in the US that you can probably only get by traveling to Germany.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada added a rating for Critical Band. 28 minutes ago
- IPAman added a rating for Hop 2 It (Idaho Gem). 1 hour ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for The Pathfinder. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Pollen Nation Honey Blonde Ale. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Muis (with Galaxy Hops). 4 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Whale Bay. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Brownie Double Brown Ale. 6 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Chaotic Double IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity