Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Tropical IPA
This beer pours the standard-issue Sierra Nevada amber/copper color, but it is certainly a departure from their familiar offerings. This beer pours with significant white head and presents an up front variety of citrus aromas. On the taste, there's a hop oil intensity that adds a complex flavor profile with hints of mango and papaya complimented by a floral sweetness. These flavors quickly diminish after a strong bitterness peeks though for a quick second. This beer quenches your thirst but has a drying bitterness that seems to suck the moisture off your tongue, and is followed up by a mellowing of the bitter and a return, full circle, to the fruity sweetness in the final moments of the aftertaste. This beer is a tropical bombshell up front followed by a hoppy "torpedo" blast that never seems to end. This is a must-try beer for a hop fan. A tip of the hat goes to the creative brewer over at Sierra Nevada.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 listened to Get Back to Wort!. 23 minutes ago
- duffy12 listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for The Next Episode. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Collaboration No. 6 Barrel Aged Blend. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Top Cutter IPA. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Petrus Aged Red. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Firestone Lager. 6 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Rosebud Special Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity