Pours a dark reddish amber color, with two fingers of light khaki colored, creamy head. Tons of lacing is left on the glass as the head recedes. Aroma of dark malt and earthy hops. On the taste, the malts are big, with dark bread flavors of rye and pumpernickel, and also chestnut and hazelnut. But the hops take over, with bits of floral and citrus, but more than anything else, earthy and piney hop flavors. Very balanced, with a medium to full body. Chewy mouthfeel with a good amount of carbonation. This has won a GABF Silver Medal two years in a row, and it is a beer that is perfect for the fall season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Just Outstanding IPA. 8 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Amalgamator. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Critical Band. 2 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Hop 2 It (Idaho Gem). 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for The Pathfinder. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Pollen Nation Honey Blonde Ale. 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Muis (with Galaxy Hops). 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Whale Bay. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity