Pours a dark reddish amber color, with two fingers of light khaki colored, creamy head. Tons of lacing is left on the glass as the head recedes. Aroma of dark malt and earthy hops. On the taste, the malts are big, with dark bread flavors of rye and pumpernickel, and also chestnut and hazelnut. But the hops take over, with bits of floral and citrus, but more than anything else, earthy and piney hop flavors. Very balanced, with a medium to full body. Chewy mouthfeel with a good amount of carbonation. This has won a GABF Silver Medal two years in a row, and it is a beer that is perfect for the fall season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Union Jack. 6 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Last Chance IPA. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Benchmark Brewing Co. IPA. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep and 1 other listened to California Grab Bag. 3 hours ago
- budman1 listened to Pumpkin Show 2018. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Pyramid Curve Ball. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to Hoppy Danksgiving!. 6 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for 559 RFA (Raisin Farmer Ale). 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity