Shot in the Dark
Pours a very dark brown color, with a dark brown, thin, oily head. Aroma of dark, roasted malt, cocoa nib, and also some blackberry or other dark fruit. Lots of fruit in the aroma. Taste of roasted malt, chocolate, and coffee. Somewhat bittersweet. Lots of fruit for a stout, including blueberry, blackberry, plum, and black currant. Like chocolate covered strawberries without all of the sweetness. Light mouthfeel. No kick from the 10.5% ABV. Quite good but we’d love to try this on Nitro.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Paranoids Pale Ale. 58 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to L.A.I.P.As. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to California Grab Bag II. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Seattle Show. 5 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Dorado High. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for 22nd Crooked Line Birthday Suit. 7 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Isle Of MaGourdo. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity