Shot in the Dark
Pours a very dark brown color, with a dark brown, thin, oily head. Aroma of dark, roasted malt, cocoa nib, and also some blackberry or other dark fruit. Lots of fruit in the aroma. Taste of roasted malt, chocolate, and coffee. Somewhat bittersweet. Lots of fruit for a stout, including blueberry, blackberry, plum, and black currant. Like chocolate covered strawberries without all of the sweetness. Light mouthfeel. No kick from the 10.5% ABV. Quite good but we'd love to try this on Nitro.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada added a rating for Molecular Self Assembly. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 and 1 other added a rating for Bretta Rose No. 003. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for MoZee (Zeelander with Mosaic). 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Brooklyn Local 1. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Chau Tien Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Rico Sauvin Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for The Red Glove. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Lemon Drip. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity