Smashed Blueberry is a pretty universally appealing beer. A porter/scotch ale hybrid sounds strange at first but it's so... right. Pouring a dark brown to almost black, it builds significant white head that's gone quickly. There's no other way to describe the aroma other than it smells like fresh blueberries. You'd think with such a dominant aroma that the taste would follow, but it's surprisingly complex marked by chocolate with dark malts. It's medium bodied but does not taste heavy - it's fairly crisp and has a faint sweetness paired with the slight tartness of blueberries. It finishes with somewhat of a hop bitterness which partners well to take away any boozy undertones. For such a heavy hitting beer, it's light on its feet and delicious.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa added a rating for Oatmeal Stout with Mulish Coffee. 18 minutes ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Birra Nursia Bionda. 58 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for Capitulation. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to If You're Drinkin', Euro-Peein. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Summer Solstice. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Jubel 2015. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to Zero-G Yeast and the Beer Beneath. 6 hours ago
- plarson listened to 99 Podcasts of Beer on the Web, 99 Podcasts of Beer. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity