Smashed Blueberry is a pretty universally appealing beer. A porter/scotch ale hybrid sounds strange at first but it's so... right. Pouring a dark brown to almost black, it builds significant white head that's gone quickly. There's no other way to describe the aroma other than it smells like fresh blueberries. You'd think with such a dominant aroma that the taste would follow, but it's surprisingly complex marked by chocolate with dark malts. It's medium bodied but does not taste heavy - it's fairly crisp and has a faint sweetness paired with the slight tartness of blueberries. It finishes with somewhat of a hop bitterness which partners well to take away any boozy undertones. For such a heavy hitting beer, it's light on its feet and delicious.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada added a rating for Summer Solstice. 11 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Midwest Trip Part 1. 37 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Great Lakes Brewing Oktoberfest. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for HazyCaliFrajilisticHoppyaladocious. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Tap It IPA. 4 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Mocha Marlin. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Tropical IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity