Smashed Blueberry is a pretty universally appealing beer. A porter/scotch ale hybrid sounds strange at first but it's so... right. Pouring a dark brown to almost black, it builds significant white head that's gone quickly. There's no other way to describe the aroma other than it smells like fresh blueberries. You'd think with such a dominant aroma that the taste would follow, but it's surprisingly complex marked by chocolate with dark malts. It's medium bodied but does not taste heavy - it's fairly crisp and has a faint sweetness paired with the slight tartness of blueberries. It finishes with somewhat of a hop bitterness which partners well to take away any boozy undertones. For such a heavy hitting beer, it's light on its feet and delicious.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 listened to Get Back to Wort!. 18 minutes ago
- duffy12 listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for The Next Episode. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Collaboration No. 6 Barrel Aged Blend. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Top Cutter IPA. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Petrus Aged Red. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Firestone Lager. 6 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Rosebud Special Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity