Smashed Blueberry is a pretty universally appealing beer. A porter/scotch ale hybrid sounds strange at first but it's so... right. Pouring a dark brown to almost black, it builds significant white head that's gone quickly. There's no other way to describe the aroma other than it smells like fresh blueberries. You'd think with such a dominant aroma that the taste would follow, but it's surprisingly complex marked by chocolate with dark malts. It's medium bodied but does not taste heavy - it's fairly crisp and has a faint sweetness paired with the slight tartness of blueberries. It finishes with somewhat of a hop bitterness which partners well to take away any boozy undertones. For such a heavy hitting beer, it's light on its feet and delicious.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson added a rating for Huge Arker Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout. 40 minutes ago
- Diesel5 listened to 100th Episode!. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Thanksgiving Leftovers. 2 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Create-A-Potato. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Great Lei Pineapple Colada IPA. 4 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Redhook Sunrye Summer Ale. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Glorious Pale Ale. 6 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to No Pumpkins Here. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity