Smashed Blueberry is a pretty universally appealing beer. A porter/scotch ale hybrid sounds strange at first but it's so... right. Pouring a dark brown to almost black, it builds significant white head that's gone quickly. There's no other way to describe the aroma other than it smells like fresh blueberries. You'd think with such a dominant aroma that the taste would follow, but it's surprisingly complex marked by chocolate with dark malts. It's medium bodied but does not taste heavy - it's fairly crisp and has a faint sweetness paired with the slight tartness of blueberries. It finishes with somewhat of a hop bitterness which partners well to take away any boozy undertones. For such a heavy hitting beer, it's light on its feet and delicious.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Belt & Suspenders. 1 hour ago
- IPAman added a rating for Mikkeller Beer Geek Cocoa Shake. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Ten Fidy. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 3 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Squatters Juicy IPA. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for 5 Lb Sledge Hammer. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Strawberry Milkshake IPA. 7 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Bee Line. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity