Shadow of a Doubt
Appearance is dark brown to black with a thick head that is dark tan in color and foamy in texture. Nice lacing left on the glass as the head slowly recedes. Big aroma of roasted malt, coffee, leather, and chocolate. Tastes amazing. Malt forward with rich flavors of chocolate, coffee, tobacco, smoke, and dark fruit. Light on both the sweetness and the bitterness and the 9.6% is extremely well hidden. Medium to heavy body for this style, which we appreciate as porters can often seem too thin in the body and mouthfeel. Not the case here, and the finish is creamy and smooth. This is an unbelievable beer and a fantastic representation of this style.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 listened to Midwest Trip Part 2. 21 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Fancy Stuff Brut IPA. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Into the Woods. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Emperor Norton. 3 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Peeper Ale. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheeple?. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for 11 Pipers Piping. 6 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Pacific Gem Pale Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity