Shadow of a Doubt
Appearance is dark brown to black with a thick head that is dark tan in color and foamy in texture. Nice lacing left on the glass as the head slowly recedes. Big aroma of roasted malt, coffee, leather, and chocolate. Tastes amazing. Malt forward with rich flavors of chocolate, coffee, tobacco, smoke, and dark fruit. Light on both the sweetness and the bitterness and the 9.6% is extremely well hidden. Medium to heavy body for this style, which we appreciate as porters can often seem too thin in the body and mouthfeel. Not the case here, and the finish is creamy and smooth. This is an unbelievable beer and a fantastic representation of this style.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson added a rating for Fulton Barrel Aged Proper Porter. 40 minutes ago
- Wildflowers4u commented on beer Two Hearted Ale. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Redemption. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Beer V. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for King Sue. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to It's a Trappist!. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Orange Blossom Blonde Ale. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Focal Banger. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity