Shadow of a Doubt
Appearance is dark brown to black with a thick head that is dark tan in color and foamy in texture. Nice lacing left on the glass as the head slowly recedes. Big aroma of roasted malt, coffee, leather, and chocolate. Tastes amazing. Malt forward with rich flavors of chocolate, coffee, tobacco, smoke, and dark fruit. Light on both the sweetness and the bitterness and the 9.6% is extremely well hidden. Medium to heavy body for this style, which we appreciate as porters can often seem too thin in the body and mouthfeel. Not the case here, and the finish is creamy and smooth. This is an unbelievable beer and a fantastic representation of this style.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Olympia Beer. 24 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Firestone Unfiltered DBA. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Spotted Cow. 2 hours ago
- plarson and 1 other listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Fera Fermentum. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Sour Power Hour. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Adelbert's Blueberry Sour. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity