Shadow of a Doubt
Appearance is dark brown to black with a thick head that is dark tan in color and foamy in texture. Nice lacing left on the glass as the head slowly recedes. Big aroma of roasted malt, coffee, leather, and chocolate. Tastes amazing. Malt forward with rich flavors of chocolate, coffee, tobacco, smoke, and dark fruit. Light on both the sweetness and the bitterness and the 9.6% is extremely well hidden. Medium to heavy body for this style, which we appreciate as porters can often seem too thin in the body and mouthfeel. Not the case here, and the finish is creamy and smooth. This is an unbelievable beer and a fantastic representation of this style.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Warsteiner Oktoberfest. 9 minutes ago
- silversurfer listened to Hop o' The Morning. 54 minutes ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Bruery Terreux Oude Tart with Cherries. 2 hours ago
- budman1 listened to Pacific Northwest. 3 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 4 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Hayburner. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to October Spectacular!. 6 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Epic IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity