Shadow of a Doubt
Appearance is dark brown to black with a thick head that is dark tan in color and foamy in texture. Nice lacing left on the glass as the head slowly recedes. Big aroma of roasted malt, coffee, leather, and chocolate. Tastes amazing. Malt forward with rich flavors of chocolate, coffee, tobacco, smoke, and dark fruit. Light on both the sweetness and the bitterness and the 9.6% is extremely well hidden. Medium to heavy body for this style, which we appreciate as porters can often seem too thin in the body and mouthfeel. Not the case here, and the finish is creamy and smooth. This is an unbelievable beer and a fantastic representation of this style.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa listened to Pelican. 27 minutes ago
- jbcurtis listened to What Can Brown Do For Brew?. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Davy Brown Ale. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Hell or High Watermelon Wheat Beer. 3 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Mojo so Dope IPA. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Seattle Show. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Operation IPA Overload. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity