Shadow of a Doubt
Appearance is dark brown to black with a thick head that is dark tan in color and foamy in texture. Nice lacing left on the glass as the head slowly recedes. Big aroma of roasted malt, coffee, leather, and chocolate. Tastes amazing. Malt forward with rich flavors of chocolate, coffee, tobacco, smoke, and dark fruit. Light on both the sweetness and the bitterness and the 9.6% is extremely well hidden. Medium to heavy body for this style, which we appreciate as porters can often seem too thin in the body and mouthfeel. Not the case here, and the finish is creamy and smooth. This is an unbelievable beer and a fantastic representation of this style.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Finial Double IPA. 9 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Breck IPA. 1 hour ago
- lauralane added a rating for Decadent Imperial IPA. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Meowsa!. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for No Chill. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Saint Archer White Ale. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Noble King Hoppy Farmhouse Ale. 6 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Lupulin River. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity