Shadow of a Doubt
Appearance is dark brown to black with a thick head that is dark tan in color and foamy in texture. Nice lacing left on the glass as the head slowly recedes. Big aroma of roasted malt, coffee, leather, and chocolate. Tastes amazing. Malt forward with rich flavors of chocolate, coffee, tobacco, smoke, and dark fruit. Light on both the sweetness and the bitterness and the 9.6% is extremely well hidden. Medium to heavy body for this style, which we appreciate as porters can often seem too thin in the body and mouthfeel. Not the case here, and the finish is creamy and smooth. This is an unbelievable beer and a fantastic representation of this style.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 listened to Midwest Trip Part 1. 58 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Pliny The Elder. 1 hour ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for The Trinity. 2 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Hop Ottin' IPA. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Sudwerk Fest Harvest Lager. 5 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Icelandic Winter Ale (2016). 6 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Great White. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity