Shadow of a Doubt
Appearance is dark brown to black with a thick head that is dark tan in color and foamy in texture. Nice lacing left on the glass as the head slowly recedes. Big aroma of roasted malt, coffee, leather, and chocolate. Tastes amazing. Malt forward with rich flavors of chocolate, coffee, tobacco, smoke, and dark fruit. Light on both the sweetness and the bitterness and the 9.6% is extremely well hidden. Medium to heavy body for this style, which we appreciate as porters can often seem too thin in the body and mouthfeel. Not the case here, and the finish is creamy and smooth. This is an unbelievable beer and a fantastic representation of this style.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Seafarer Kölsch. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Dogfish Head Punkin Ale. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Out Of Your Gourd Pumpkin Porter. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Game of Thrones: Three-Eyed Raven. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Alligator. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Thousands of Money. 6 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Mountain Standard Double Black IPA (Barrel Aged). 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Big Juicy IPA. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity