Shadow of a Doubt
Appearance is dark brown to black with a thick head that is dark tan in color and foamy in texture. Nice lacing left on the glass as the head slowly recedes. Big aroma of roasted malt, coffee, leather, and chocolate. Tastes amazing. Malt forward with rich flavors of chocolate, coffee, tobacco, smoke, and dark fruit. Light on both the sweetness and the bitterness and the 9.6% is extremely well hidden. Medium to heavy body for this style, which we appreciate as porters can often seem too thin in the body and mouthfeel. Not the case here, and the finish is creamy and smooth. This is an unbelievable beer and a fantastic representation of this style.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Oak Aged Saison. 50 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Harmony Foretold Cucumber Wheat Ale. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Island Brewing Company Blonde Ale. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Old Fashioned Lemonade IPA. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Ellison Tiramisu Stout. 5 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for 60 Days Dry Aged Stout. 6 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Deadly Combination: Nelson + Mosaic. 7 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for The Brew Bitch IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity