Santa's Private Reserve Ale (2018)
Santa's Private Reserve Ale pours a reddish, dark amber color. The head is creamy and about a finger thick, tan in color, and seems to last forever. Belgian-style aroma of malt, fruit, yeast, and herbal spice. Taste is malt forward with toasted malt and caramel malt flavors plus some banana-bread notes. Quite fruity, but not your typical Belgian-style flavors aside from the banana. Instead, there's a lot more citrus and berry, in fact, the bottle mentions tangerine and boysenberry, both of which are unique for a Christmas Ale. Any sweetness is reserved, and the spice is noticeable but more in the background. Light to medium body with a well carbonated mouthfeel. Merry Christmas Eve!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- IPAman added a rating for Patterns Double IPA. 1 minute ago
- silversurfer listened to 99 Podcasts of Beer on the Web, 99 Podcasts of Beer. 56 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for pFriem Super Saison. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Lord Grey. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for The Fix (2018). 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer and 2 others listened to Seattle Show. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Wake Up Call Imperial Coffee Porter. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Ninja vs. Unicorn. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity