Santa's Private Reserve Ale (2018)
Santa’s Private Reserve Ale pours a reddish, dark amber color. The head is creamy and about a finger thick, tan in color, and seems to last forever. Belgian-style aroma of malt, fruit, yeast, and herbal spice. Taste is malt forward with toasted malt and caramel malt flavors plus some banana-bread notes. Quite fruity, but not your typical Belgian-style flavors aside from the banana. Instead, there’s a lot more citrus and berry, in fact, the bottle mentions tangerine and boysenberry, both of which are unique for a Christmas Ale. Any sweetness is reserved, and the spice is noticeable but more in the background. Light to medium body with a well carbonated mouthfeel. Merry Christmas Eve!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Tusk & Grain: Wee Heavy. 19 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Category 5 IPA. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Happy Hops. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for More Moro Blood Orange IPA. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming and 1 other added a rating for Boulevard Brewing Chocolate Ale. 3 hours ago
- plarson and 1 other added a rating for KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout). 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Epic Barley Wine . 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Trappistes Rochefort 8. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity