Santa's Private Reserve Ale (2018)
Santa's Private Reserve Ale pours a reddish, dark amber color. The head is creamy and about a finger thick, tan in color, and seems to last forever. Belgian-style aroma of malt, fruit, yeast, and herbal spice. Taste is malt forward with toasted malt and caramel malt flavors plus some banana-bread notes. Quite fruity, but not your typical Belgian-style flavors aside from the banana. Instead, there's a lot more citrus and berry, in fact, the bottle mentions tangerine and boysenberry, both of which are unique for a Christmas Ale. Any sweetness is reserved, and the spice is noticeable but more in the background. Light to medium body with a well carbonated mouthfeel. Merry Christmas Eve!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 listened to Pumpkin Show 2017. 33 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Zonker Stout. 1 hour ago
- plarson listened to Deja Stout. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Gia Girl. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Imaginary Friends. 4 hours ago
- IPAman listened to The Fairly Okay Thanksgiving Podcast. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Charge of the Light Beergade. 6 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Hazy Beer Quartet. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity