Santa's Private Reserve Ale (2018)
Santa's Private Reserve Ale pours a reddish, dark amber color. The head is creamy and about a finger thick, tan in color, and seems to last forever. Belgian-style aroma of malt, fruit, yeast, and herbal spice. Taste is malt forward with toasted malt and caramel malt flavors plus some banana-bread notes. Quite fruity, but not your typical Belgian-style flavors aside from the banana. Instead, there's a lot more citrus and berry, in fact, the bottle mentions tangerine and boysenberry, both of which are unique for a Christmas Ale. Any sweetness is reserved, and the spice is noticeable but more in the background. Light to medium body with a well carbonated mouthfeel. Merry Christmas Eve!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Steve Austin's Broken Skull IPA. 16 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Future Perfect. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Black Sand Imperial IPA. 2 hours ago
- IPAman listened to The Gold Standard. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Exploring the Vault. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Milk Stout Nitro. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Springboard Ale. 6 hours ago
- mackleminor added a rating for Sour Series Batch No. 7. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity