Samuel Adams Stony Brook Red
Stony Brook Red is stone cold delicious. It pours a reddish brown/mahogany color with a medium cream colored head. The aroma is a tart cherry with a little funk but mostly tangy. It's got a medium mouthfeel and good carbonation but where it surprises most is in the complexity of the first few seconds when you sip. It's definitely a cherry-ish tart, with considerable oaky notes peeking through. It's sour, but restrained. There's a sweetness that's balanced well by the tart dryness of a red wine. It's complex with dried fruit, wine, oak, slight funk and a hidden malty caramel that peeks through at the last second. For a sour beer, it's super refreshing and very drinkable.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Murk Man IPA. 30 minutes ago
- AnkleDeep listened to Clown Shoes: Philled to the Brim. 1 hour ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Never Mind the Beer Here's the Milkshake. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Wailua Wheat. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Alpha Abstraction vol. 7. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Sippin on Dank. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Fire Iron. 6 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for The Next Episode. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity