Samuel Adams Stony Brook Red
Stony Brook Red is stone cold delicious. It pours a reddish brown/mahogany color with a medium cream colored head. The aroma is a tart cherry with a little funk but mostly tangy. It's got a medium mouthfeel and good carbonation but where it surprises most is in the complexity of the first few seconds when you sip. It's definitely a cherry-ish tart, with considerable oaky notes peeking through. It's sour, but restrained. There's a sweetness that's balanced well by the tart dryness of a red wine. It's complex with dried fruit, wine, oak, slight funk and a hidden malty caramel that peeks through at the last second. For a sour beer, it's super refreshing and very drinkable.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for Tribute Double IPA. 15 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Le Jus. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 listened to Back to the Brews. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 listened to Oktoberfest 2017. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc and 1 other listened to L.A.I.P.As. 3 hours ago
- jhmiller commented on beer Pacific Jade Freestylin'. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Pacific Jade Freestylin'. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Alpha Abstraction vol. 7. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity