Samuel Adams Stony Brook Red
Stony Brook Red is stone cold delicious. It pours a reddish brown/mahogany color with a medium cream colored head. The aroma is a tart cherry with a little funk but mostly tangy. It's got a medium mouthfeel and good carbonation but where it surprises most is in the complexity of the first few seconds when you sip. It's definitely a cherry-ish tart, with considerable oaky notes peeking through. It's sour, but restrained. There's a sweetness that's balanced well by the tart dryness of a red wine. It's complex with dried fruit, wine, oak, slight funk and a hidden malty caramel that peeks through at the last second. For a sour beer, it's super refreshing and very drinkable.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Saison Nouveau. 54 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Smoke and Mirrors. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Kansas City and Beyond. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn and 1 other listened to Portlandia. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Think Tank #17. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Finally Open in Los Angeles. 5 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 6 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to LA LA Land. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity