Samuel Adams Stony Brook Red
Stony Brook Red is stone cold delicious. It pours a reddish brown/mahogany color with a medium cream colored head. The aroma is a tart cherry with a little funk but mostly tangy. It's got a medium mouthfeel and good carbonation but where it surprises most is in the complexity of the first few seconds when you sip. It's definitely a cherry-ish tart, with considerable oaky notes peeking through. It's sour, but restrained. There's a sweetness that's balanced well by the tart dryness of a red wine. It's complex with dried fruit, wine, oak, slight funk and a hidden malty caramel that peeks through at the last second. For a sour beer, it's super refreshing and very drinkable.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson and 1 other listened to What Can Brown Do For Brew?. 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Hoptologist DIPA. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Stouterday Night Live. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Vanilla Infused Porter. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for 5 Hop Black IPA. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Pale to the King. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Art Car IPA. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Treevana IPA. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity