Samuel Adams Stony Brook Red
Stony Brook Red is stone cold delicious. It pours a reddish brown/mahogany color with a medium cream colored head. The aroma is a tart cherry with a little funk but mostly tangy. It's got a medium mouthfeel and good carbonation but where it surprises most is in the complexity of the first few seconds when you sip. It's definitely a cherry-ish tart, with considerable oaky notes peeking through. It's sour, but restrained. There's a sweetness that's balanced well by the tart dryness of a red wine. It's complex with dried fruit, wine, oak, slight funk and a hidden malty caramel that peeks through at the last second. For a sour beer, it's super refreshing and very drinkable.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Paranoids Pale Ale. 16 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Frelser Trippelbock Holy Ale. 39 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Zero-G Yeast and the Beer Beneath. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Geuze Mariage Parfait 2013. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Sasquatchito XPA. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Anchor Porter. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Sunday IPA. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity