Samuel Adams Stony Brook Red
Stony Brook Red is stone cold delicious. It pours a reddish brown/mahogany color with a medium cream colored head. The aroma is a tart cherry with a little funk but mostly tangy. It's got a medium mouthfeel and good carbonation but where it surprises most is in the complexity of the first few seconds when you sip. It's definitely a cherry-ish tart, with considerable oaky notes peeking through. It's sour, but restrained. There's a sweetness that's balanced well by the tart dryness of a red wine. It's complex with dried fruit, wine, oak, slight funk and a hidden malty caramel that peeks through at the last second. For a sour beer, it's super refreshing and very drinkable.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 listened to L.A. Beers. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for 11 Pipers Piping. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Pumpkin Show 2017. 4 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Allagash House Beer. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Sour Power Hour. 6 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for XII Zwölfjahre. 7 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Space Needle Golden IPA. 8 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Bretta Rosé No. 004. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity