Samuel Adams Stony Brook Red
Stony Brook Red is stone cold delicious. It pours a reddish brown/mahogany color with a medium cream colored head. The aroma is a tart cherry with a little funk but mostly tangy. It's got a medium mouthfeel and good carbonation but where it surprises most is in the complexity of the first few seconds when you sip. It's definitely a cherry-ish tart, with considerable oaky notes peeking through. It's sour, but restrained. There's a sweetness that's balanced well by the tart dryness of a red wine. It's complex with dried fruit, wine, oak, slight funk and a hidden malty caramel that peeks through at the last second. For a sour beer, it's super refreshing and very drinkable.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Lupulin River. 58 minutes ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Blueberry Velvet. 2 hours ago
- Salmon-Fly commented on beer Night Swim Porter. 2 hours ago
- plarson listened to Stouterday Night Live. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for FV 13. 4 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Stone Thunderstruck IPA (19th Anniversary). 4 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Boo Koo IPA. 6 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Exemption (Peach Brandy Barrel). 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity