Samuel Adams Stony Brook Red
Stony Brook Red is stone cold delicious. It pours a reddish brown/mahogany color with a medium cream colored head. The aroma is a tart cherry with a little funk but mostly tangy. It's got a medium mouthfeel and good carbonation but where it surprises most is in the complexity of the first few seconds when you sip. It's definitely a cherry-ish tart, with considerable oaky notes peeking through. It's sour, but restrained. There's a sweetness that's balanced well by the tart dryness of a red wine. It's complex with dried fruit, wine, oak, slight funk and a hidden malty caramel that peeks through at the last second. For a sour beer, it's super refreshing and very drinkable.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 and 1 other listened to Founders. 39 minutes ago
- IPAman added a rating for Death From Above. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Brett Lager. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Orval Trappist Ale. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Cougar. 4 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Poetic Pestilence. 5 hours ago
- budman1 listened to The Sierra Nevada Show. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Upslope Citra Pale Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity