Pours a clear, copper brown color with an off-white, foamy head. Aroma is earthy and malty, and a bit nutty. Some sweetness up front, with roasted malt, caramel, toffee, and nuts, which then transitions to a finish of earthy, grassy and piney hops. Much hoppier than most amber ales. There's also a spice kick on the back-end, like a rye ale might have. We were impressed with the varied flavors from start to finish - pretty impressive. The bitterness accumulates, but it's pleasant. Medium body and nicely carbonated. One of our go-to beers in the amber ale world, this is a nice barometer for the style.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Rhythm in the Lands. 47 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Murk Man IPA. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep listened to Clown Shoes: Philled to the Brim. 3 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Never Mind the Beer Here's the Milkshake. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Wailua Wheat. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Alpha Abstraction vol. 7. 5 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Sippin on Dank. 7 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Fire Iron. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity