Rio Lento, or "Slow River," pours a slightly hazy, golden straw color. A shade oranger and darker than most lagers. White, bubbly head that thins quickly. Aroma is strong, with malt and freshly squeezed limes. The taste is impressive. It’s definitely a Mexican-style lager, with a malt forward taste but one that is not at all sweet and the ABV is higher than you normally see. And the lime juice is the star of the show. Fresh, citrusy, and just barely tart. It’s not pulpy, but you almost get that same texture like when you bite into a lime wedge. Mouthfeel is very refreshing, with the sea salt showing up in the finish. Tastes like you’re sitting on a beach in Mexico, and this is a beer that we really enjoyed.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 listened to Kansas City and Beyond. 15 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Firestone Double Jack. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Charge of the Light Beergade. 2 hours ago
- Fresnopt added a rating for Wise Words. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Exit 10 Trail Mix. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Space Lettuce. 4 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Adelbert's Blueberry Sour. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Blueberry Velvet. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity