Rio Lento, or "Slow River," pours a slightly hazy, golden straw color. A shade oranger and darker than most lagers. White, bubbly head that thins quickly. Aroma is strong, with malt and freshly squeezed limes. The taste is impressive. It’s definitely a Mexican-style lager, with a malt forward taste but one that is not at all sweet and the ABV is higher than you normally see. And the lime juice is the star of the show. Fresh, citrusy, and just barely tart. It’s not pulpy, but you almost get that same texture like when you bite into a lime wedge. Mouthfeel is very refreshing, with the sea salt showing up in the finish. Tastes like you’re sitting on a beach in Mexico, and this is a beer that we really enjoyed.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Arrogant Bastard Ale. 25 minutes ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Love Like This. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Saint Archer White Ale. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Sum'r Summer Ale. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Tax Holiday. 4 hours ago
- snpaulson added a rating for Metaphase. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for 60 Days Dry Aged Stout. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Islander IPA. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity